The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

I must post to say I'm not happy

The Crown Inn was shut with a notice up "due to technical reasons" but lodgers could still enter by the rear passage

QUOTE]

Dear me, are you benny hill by any chance ???? :hihi::hihi:

No dear they really do still use the back passage there ...

So ... after the exodus to Manchester (sorry I didn't get to go but one of the whippets was unwell and had forgotten her "Sister Sledge" moves) , what is next for the Sheffield Gay scene ... the main trends I see at the moment are:

1) Most places are very quiet - is it because its January and all the students are studying?

2) There are growing trends of a split in the gay scene with Lions Lair/Dempseys axis versus Sanctuary/Affinity axis

3) The best thing in Dempsys these days is DJ Saggy Bums "Thank God No Britney" friday nights oh and the Dempeys sunday night Karaoke has gone to pot - I was in there recently and the same "chavvish" guy was hogging the microphone all night long with about 10 songs - seems Martin could not keep him off (would that have happned with Curtis?) !

4) Club Xes has gone totally to pot and seems keen to get rid of their customers even after they make the effort to go out there at great expense in a taxi for a visit - shant be going there again for a very very long while ...

When will something INTERSETING happen on the Sheffield gay scene - I am looking forward to the Pride fund raising events and GALA - thanks Tyranna !!!

Well if it is quiet elsewhere then we didnt notice, one of our busiest weekends yet! Pub golf with the Wii, went down a storm ! And both afterparties Friday and Saturday were busy too. Dempseys was also packed last night, someone did mention it was an early pay weekend though?

Archived