The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

I must post to say I'm not happy with the current state of it. Went out last night for a few and found:

The Crown Inn was shut with a notice up "due to technical reasons" but lodgers could still enter by the rear passage...

Well they would wouldn't they:D

some people on this thread will only goto a "gay" event

and no certain groups of gay people insist on not being the same as straight people which baffles me

Well Mr Damo you try being gay and going to a straight coffee shop and see what happens .. they will perch the biscuit on the side of your coffee cup in a very strange manner as a slur on your sexuality and the barista will wink outrageously at you ... I want to go to a safe gay coffee shop where I do not feel threatened in such a manner ...

Folks,

Onyx Rooms TONIGHT, from 10.30 (Pre-Party at Studio beforehand). See you all there from about 11pm!

Where is this Tyranna so that I can go along and check it out - do you have a regular performance slot there?

BTW, I had a great time in Climax (and watched the Gary Clarke Dance performance earlier that night). I even gave a certain other drag queen who often visits Sheffield a friendly wave (he was out of drag at the time, sadly), and I was also very glad to find that Panda-Features and his mate were not there; all in all a very upbeat, enjoyable crowd...

So Tyranna did they have dancing pandas there or were just the pandas eyes dancing - have they managed to get them to reproduce yet ??

Finally, mark THIS FRIDAY, 27th March in your diaries; I am doing a show at the Moorfoot Tavern, Start 9pm, Free admission; I'm setting up a seperate Event announcement for it...:D:thumbsup:

Oooh I cannot wait Tyranna to see you perform live in the flesh again I bet you go down a storm as usual :-)

Where is this Tyranna so that I can go along and check it out - do you have a regular performance slot there?

So Tyranna did they have dancing pandas there or were just the pandas eyes dancing - have they managed to get them to reproduce yet ??

Oooh I cannot wait Tyranna to see you perform live in the flesh again I bet you go down a storm as usual :-)

I see your tongue is still firmly inserted.

It's red nose week luvvy, not brown.

Well Mr Damo you try being gay and going to a straight coffee shop and see what happens .. they will perch the biscuit on the side of your coffee cup in a very strange manner as a slur on your sexuality and the barista will wink outrageously at you ... I want to go to a safe gay coffee shop where I do not feel threatened in such a manner ...

are you serious?

I have been to many coffee shops throughout England and never had a problem

I can't speak for anyone else, but being gay is what I am - It's not what I do.

Why do you feel that segregation is the way forward?

unfrotunately thats just the attitude of some people, im my experiance i have found less agrovation at gay/gay friendly venues and it is one of a number of factors i use to decide where to go but its not the be all and end all

If my favourite DJ was playing at a club I wouldn't give it a miss just because it wasn't specifically a "gay" club.

So I would take it that you would flock along to see DJ Chris Moyles if he was playing his hate speech and fall over yourself to contribute to his already over-inflated salary >:<

Archived