The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Whats the latest news on Sanctuary ?

Not had anything to do with the place since it opened, didn't really like it, its just a bit too big to get the atmosphere you get else where, however i was only there during the day so... :confused:

The latest i heard was that it was still open however it is now under new ownership, last i heard before that was that the balifs were in but heard so many conflicting stroies who knows if that was to :loopy:

Cause he`s a screaming queen, when we do the "straight" pubs everyone can tell. :)

Thats a bit strong dear .. I like to think I'm fairly straight-acting ;-)

But some of the very straight pubs especially the football supporter type ones can feel very intimidating and threatening at times .. as you know I'm not exactly a tall 6 foot 6 muscle bound hunk that can defend myself well - so I think its still a good idea to have predominantly gay bars to be in a safe relaxed non-threatening atmosphere ...

...But some of the very straight pubs especially the football supporter type ones can feel very intimidating and threatening at times .. as you know I'm not exactly a tall 6 foot 6 muscle bound hunk that can defend myself well - so I think its still a good idea to have predominantly gay bars to be in a safe relaxed non-threatening atmosphere ...

...Which I have found out to my own cost in recent weeks; many 'Mainstream' bars, pubs and clubs in the city centre especially ARE Gay-Friendly and (if it is in their commercial interest) will consider organising the odd 'gay' night, but on the other hand, I have been shocked by how much homophobia is alive and screaming in some pubs in locations outside the city sentre, particularly in and around S8.....:rant:

RahRahRah featuring RALPH RAZOR (Razor Stiletto) and ASBO A GOGO (Bungalows n Bears), Friday 1st May 2009 at Club Sanctuary, St James Street, Sheffield. Expect glam, avant-garde electro, showtunes, indie, vintage hiphop, and dnb. From 10pm till the early birds sing £3.50 to get in, free to get out.

A percentage of the door revenue will be going to South Yorkshire Pride on 20th June 2009, Endcliffe Park.

Glue pubic hair on your face…it’s a gender bender partay chaps.

RahRahRah featuring RALPH RAZOR (Razor Stiletto) and ASBO A GOGO (Bungalows n Bears), Friday 1st May 2009 at Club Sanctuary, St James Street, Sheffield. Expect glam, avant-garde electro, showtunes, indie, vintage hiphop, and dnb. From 10pm till the early birds sing £3.50 to get in, free to get out.

A percentage of the door revenue will be going to South Yorkshire Pride on 20th June 2009, Endcliffe Park.

Glue pubic hair on your face…it’s a gender bender partay chaps.

Oh dear. A couple of things:

a) Do we really need blatant promotion of events, after all it is forbidden by this sites T's + C's?

b) The suggestion to glue pubic hair onto your face is a bit tasteless given that this is a open forum that anyone can enter. Also, the idea of glueing pubic hair on you face is crass anyway.

What is a very bent pub?

one where you have to be a gymnast just to get through the door :)

Oh dear. A couple of things:

a) Do we really need blatant promotion of events, after all it is forbidden by this sites T's + C's?

b) The suggestion to glue pubic hair onto your face is a bit tasteless given that this is a open forum that anyone can enter. Also, the idea of glueing pubic hair on you face is crass anyway.

heh tell that to the other establishments on here and certain other members who only seem to be using the place as promotional space. We have a section for this sort of thing so why don't they just use that

Archived