The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Tia doesn't perform at climax so much as just turn up in drag and dance around. I highly doubt any money changes hands...

I doubt any money changes hands either, he is just another paying customer, like me, but I dont make a fool of myself.

Anyway Climax is next Friday and a few from the Forum are going, you will notice us, we will be the drunken ones having a good time :banana:

SOME things in life are just plain scary.
from the Star, and says it all really.

Hi everyone,

My partner and myself are Transgendered.

We are looking for somewhere to go for a night out, and I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise us of where we can go in Sheffield. Neither of us are spring chickens, we don't pass very well and haven't been out dressed for quite a while.

Thankng you in advance, Karen xx

he'll have claimed he works climax like he did about FAB, Affinity and god knows where else despite the fact he turns up and makes a **** of himself.

Yup, I'm fuming!!!

In spite of me categorically stating to the Star Reporter who interviewed me on the phone on Thursday, they have got it WRONG!!!

Not only have they not bothered to check the date of Climax (It was my fault that I thought Climax was on Friday 17th, but I asked them to check, as Climax is a 'movable' event), but IN SPITE of me categorically stating that I was NOT performing on stage at Climax, that I was only attending as a PAYING CUSTOMER and dressing up in drag, they said in the newspaper article that I was 'Performing' I will now be ringing the Star TONIGHT (They do not take calls over weekend except after 9pm Saturdays) to ask that they print a CORRECTION of the FACTS.

This is the second time that they have done it, the first was on a report on my Wuthering Heights, when they gave totally the wrong website address.

Re. like he did about FAB, Affinity and god knows where else

I did NOT ever say I 'worked' at 'FAB'.

I DID do what constitutes UNPAID WORK at Affinity (I got free NON-ALCOHOLIC drinks ONLY)

I CERTAINLY DID NOT, REPEAT NOT, claim that I worked ANYWHERE else that I did not; I have done many one-night cabarets at lots of venues up and down UK

Unlike certain other drag performers I have known over the years, I DO NOT LIE ON MY CV as to my experience, awards, or level of professionalism.

I have had to report you, Miss Damo, to the administrators, as a result of your LIE that I claimed that I worked at places you mention when you have got it wrong!:hihi:

Hi everyone,

My partner and myself are Transgendered.

We are looking for somewhere to go for a night out, and I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise us of where we can go in Sheffield. Neither of us are spring chickens, we don't pass very well and haven't been out dressed for quite a while.

Thankng you in advance, Karen xx

Hi, there, Karen, from a good friend; just to enlighten fellow users, Karen and her partner DO occasionally attend 'Les Femmes', but for personal reasons they are not so keen on going these days.

I would recommend Sanctuary for a good night out, very plush surroundings and great DJ's on special nights. Try also Dempseys, where you will get a good cross-section of the local Gay crowd.

From what I remember Karen lives in Rotherham, if you are interested, the good news is that Rotherham now has its very own weekly Gay Night, (SWEET) every Sunday at Onyx Rooms, Westgate, near town centre, from 10pm to 3am.:thumbsup:

I would recommend Sanctuary for a good night out, very plush surroundings and great DJ's on special nights. Try also Dempseys, where you will get a good cross-section of the local Gay crowd.

From what I remember Karen lives in Rotherham, if you are interested, the good news is that Rotherham now has its very own weekly Gay Night, (SWEET) every Sunday at Onyx Rooms, Westgate, near town centre, from 10pm to 3am.:thumbsup:

Sanctuary is closed for the for see able future, with plans to re open per their facebook message yesterday.

Archived