The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

Just a little reminder, folks, that the next Steel City GALA (Gay And Lesbian Arts Festival) meeting is on tonight at 7pm at Dempseys. Several events are already in the pipeline, all will be revealed as things are confirmed.

Shame about the confusion re. websites and whats on in venues; for more info about whats happening, see: http://www.dannybreeze.com

Talking of Danny Breeze's website, I've just seen the following:

Thursday 28th May 2009

We Love to Hump @ Red Room. A new gay friendly night on the last Thursday of the month. 10pm until 3am. Tickets are £3 in advance and £4 on the door. Tickets are available from Lions Lair. Look out for special drinks promos and top DJs including John Dixon. Red Room is on Charter Row behind Debenhams.

What a shame it was just you and me Tyranna - I would have thought more people would have supported this !

Still I do hope people will come along to Dempseys GALA art launch party next thurrsday evening on 14th !

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd say thankyou for the information, sorry about the late reply, but my pc's been down.

Hi Benson & Hedges,

Thankyou for the information re: Les Femmes, but they don't want us there anymore.

We organised the night for over four years, after the original organisers left. Garry just handed it over to some new organisers over Christmas 2006, lock stck & barrel. The new lot met us on the first Les Femmes night of 2007, to let us know they were taking over running the night, give us a pat on the back for keeping the night going, and that we were now surplus to requirements, (basically shove off !).

The worst memory I have is of those first three months of 2007, when we were treated like lepers on the night we'd fought so hard to keep going, and by the girls we'd fought to keep it going for, some of whom we thought were friends.

So never again do I want to have anything to do with the night. I'm sure Hell will be much more welcoming, and I now wish we'd stood back let it fold back in 2002.

Hi Tia-Anna,

I hope you are well.

I'll have to recheck the info I had about the Rotherham night, I thought it was just monthly. I might give it a try depending on whether I'm free or not, I'll see if I can talk Tina into give it a try too ?

Thankyou all again, I might look for my old Membership Card for Dempseys, and pop down one Saturday night. Take care, Karen xx

hey gay pride on 20th june endcliffe park from 1.00 onwards. acts we got signed up are: smokers die young, lemon tear gas, Darlings of the Splitscreen and u may have seen them perform on eurovision song contest its Scooch

great line up?................................................................not

Unfortunately .....maybe luckily....(time will tell) im in Gran Canaria when its Pride so i wont be in attendance.

Ive been off scene for about 2 months now cant wait to get back to the Lair and the afterpartys......bring on Friday :D:thumbsup:

Hi people - what are your thoughts on using a wedding planner for your ceremonies?

The reason I am asking is that I have just set up a wedding planning consultancy so would be great to gage your views/opinions/thoughts!

Ta, Harriet x

thanks ghost rider, i have put it there as well (still trying to find my way around the forum). I just thought I would throw it into the 'gay scene' thread. we do plan gay weddings and thought this was a more direct way to ask opinions!!! Harriet

Archived