The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

I agree Anja looks so much more like a woman. Am glad its not just me who thinks carborundum and tyranna are the same person.

Is Anja a man or a woman?

she is the female persona of the male performa and as such is addressed as female

Isnt it quite ironic that this day is being celebrated tomorrow all around the world and on here we have such homophobic comments coming from other so called enlightened forummers striking at gay peoples self esteems as talented performers and artists .. maybe Sheffield needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century ...

As Simon Cowell once said "you don`t get it", you dont either, it isnt citing homophobic comments from gay people, its called "voicing an opinion on said crap drag queen". not everyone things she is fabulous drag queen blah blah blah like yourself.

Remember - its OUR opinion only.

I agree Anja looks so much more like a woman. Am glad its not just me who thinks carborundum and tyranna are the same person.

I can vouch that they are not the same person, i can see why people think this, although carborundum does paint a completely different pcicture in real life when I speak to him.

Maybe he is too scared to voice his TRUE opinion, or maybe he is winding everyone up on purpose and should that not be a ban :huh::huh:

Isnt it quite ironic that this day is being celebrated tomorrow all around the world and on here we have such homophobic comments coming from other so called enlightened forummers striking at gay peoples self esteems as talented performers and artists .. maybe Sheffield needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century ...

Certainly this would seem to be all wrong in that case:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/features/Call-to-put-Sheffield-on.4536706.jp?referrer=ukgaynews.org.uk

I take it you're referring to me.

I'm not homophobic. I'm gay, and as such, by definition, cannot be homophobic. To be phobic about something is to be scared of it. Given that I am it, I can hardly be scared about it. Go figure.

You say Tyranna is talented. That's a matter of personal opinion. Given that the majority of people (including professional judges) think that she isn't seems not to be an issue for you. Why so?

I don't strike at anyone's self esteem. However, if people are going to put themselves in the public eye, then they have to accept that by putting their heads above the parapet they are opening themselves up to public critique. As someone who has put herself inthe public arena by appearing both on Sheffield's gay scene and on television, Tyranna needs to toughen up and accept that people are entitled to their point of view - regardless of whether he/she disagrees with said opinion.

In relation to my being 'unenlightened'. I am enlightened, thank you. Just because I don't agree that Tyranna's the best thing since sliced bread, does not make me uninformed.

If Tyranna continues to be part of Sheffield's gay scene, then perhaps he/she should concentrate more on being him/herself, rather than a ridiculous caricature who has people laughing at her instead of with her. I'm sure that underneath all that 'make-up by numbers' is a nice guy - why can't we see more of that?

Sheffield's gay scene is richer for having vibrant, colourful people on it - and I welcome that. I just think there needs to be a reality check here in relation to actual abilities vs perceived talent.

Well nobody answered last time I asked; does anyone know what it is?:suspect:

Anja Bach (pronounced On yer back) is the female persona. She is all woman and incredibly beautiful too.

Once the wig, make-up, outfit and rediculously high heels (I am so envious :hihi:) are removed HE is once again a man.

Simple isn't it :)

Anja Bach (pronounced On yer back) is the female persona. She is all woman and incredibly beautiful too.

Once the wig, make-up, outfit and rediculously high heels (I am so envious :hihi:) are removed HE is once again a man.

And he is brilliant !!

Yes if there's an instant plastic surgeon around to make the All woman All man again, so to clarify the situation we're talking about a male crossdresser/drag artist.

Gerrum on!:gag:

Archived