The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

I know I was thinking the same.....a shambolic list of performers....why couldn't we upstage everyone and get Kylie or Girls Aloud ????

If you think you can raise the kind of money to get Girls Aloud and Kylie to Sheffield Pride, why don't you do some fundraising yourself?

Don't forget the event is FREE. It would be a different story if we were to rip off the LGBT people of Sheffield and charge them over £15 for entry to the event.

I think the key here is this.....This is only the second year the event has been run!

Think we all need to support Pride 09 - the team doing a great job getting it going - and with more help from all on here, selling advertising and sponsorship, it can grow in future years. who's coming on June 20th ?

I think also scheduled to take to the stage at sometime in the afternoon is other notable Sheffield entertainers: Blond haired Gemma, the singing religious black woman and the dancing tramp from Ecclshall oh and Carbs warbling a few songs or duetting with my favourits drag performer ;-) ??? LOL

It WILL get better as the years go on, nothing ever is completely right the first time around. If people supported it more, rather than slagging off people who are actually trying to do something about raising awareness, it'd be a better event for all.

tbh - wasn't my sort of thing either but loads of people there seemed to be having a good time, and at least this year there is a bar on site !

Yes last year was good, esp Bison.

oooooo a bar on site, thats got my attention.

It WILL get better as the years go on, nothing ever is completely right the first time around. If people supported it more, rather than slagging off people who are actually trying to do something about raising awareness, it'd be a better event for all.

Yeah agreed! I think I am comparing it to Manchester, Cardiff and London- the three I have been to; these are massive events with loads of good music. This year it is in a better park and I think more people will be going. There DEFINITELY needs to be some form of big club night organised afterwards though! The clubs would be sensible to 'cash in' on this event and give people a place to party afterwards.

Think we all need to support Pride 09 - the team doing a great job getting it going - and with more help from all on here, selling advertising and sponsorship, it can grow in future years. who's coming on June 20th ?

I'll be there working this year, The pride committee are doing an excellent job and the event is shaping up to be brilliant. so far.

Exactly, the committee are doing what they can and have got some fantastic support of some of the local businesses in the area but as the more support they can get the better.

Yes last year was good, esp Bison.

oooooo a bar on site, thats got my attention.

yes, on site bar this year, there was meant to be one last year but it had to be pulled at the last minute

Yeah agreed! I think I am comparing it to Manchester, Cardiff and London- the three I have been to; these are massive events with loads of good music. This year it is in a better park and I think more people will be going. There DEFINITELY needs to be some form of big club night organised afterwards though! The clubs would be sensible to 'cash in' on this event and give people a place to party afterwards.

the three that you mentioned have been on the go for 10+ years though, sheffields only on its second year, give it time to mature, like most things, its gets better with age and experiance. :D

as for the night afterwards, I can't say much but maybe swing by the events page on my site (links in the signature)

Archived