The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

I hear that there will be drag queens at pride promoting the afterparty will tyranna be one of them?

Ive also been told a sheffield drag queen will be on the main stage-------- no names were given ......could this be tyranna????

Looking forward to pride I couldnt get last year and judging by the pictures it was good fun.

Definately going this year , only during the day though..bit too old for the afterparty stuff

I dont know I did not make it - I do hope it was Tyranna its been a while since she had a platform to perform ! Failing that it may have been Anja Bach from Affinity?

I dont know I did not make it - I do hope it was Tyranna its been a while since she had a platform to perform ! Failing that it may have been Anja Bach from Affinity?

She was there, in a wedding dress.. Looked gorgeous to be honest :)

I thought Pride was pretty good actually. The weather was excellent for it too and I saw a few faces I haven't seen for a while.

Missed Scooch (sp) as we left around 5 to go and pay for Dempseys later and get stamped so we didn't have to queue to get in later. We also went to Poptastic at Hub first too and had lots of fun with the blow up balls and the Smirnoff Ice blow up sticks :banana:

It's just an event that will get better and better each year IF people support it and don't slag it off at every opportunity. Constructive criticism is great, but down-right insults don't help make it a better event. If you think you have an idea to make it better next year, put a bit of work in and get something done about it yourselves!

Did anyone go to the gay pride after party at the sheffied hallam union and if what was it like?

I went. I thought it was really really fun. The turn out was fantastic, drinks were cheap and because all three rooms were open meant there was three types of music bein played. Cheese, Indie and Electro courtesy of Poptastic and Hang the DJ.

It's just an event that will get better and better each year IF people support it and don't slag it off at every opportunity. Constructive criticism is great, but down-right insults don't help make it a better event. If you think you have an idea to make it better next year, put a bit of work in and get something done about it yourselves!

Completely agree. Some people are all too willing to criticize and moan, yet continue to stand in the background when it comes to getting involved.

I enjoyed Pride too - with the exception of the beer tent facilities (not big enough for an expected crowd of 6000 people) I thought the event was great.

Completely agree. Some people are all too willing to criticize and moan, yet continue to stand in the background when it comes to getting involved.

I enjoyed Pride too - with the exception of the beer tent facilities (not big enough for an expected crowd of 6000 people) I thought the event was great.

The tent only really started to back up around 4 as the chilling facilities just couldnt cope with the volume of beer, that said it was far better than last year where you had to walk to the nearest pub! To give you an idea of volume at one point we did 170 pints of carling alone in 25 mins! As with the event as a whole the organisers will learn and it will get better, not only did we need a large chiller unit but flash chillers! I have already spoken to Darren how it could be improved next year now we know what to expect. I would also like to thank the volunteers that gave their time to help in the tent in far from perfect bar surroundings !

Archived