The Sheffield Gay Scene

Carborundum

The Bronx is Sheffield's very own Gay sauna; you'd have to check for the opening times, as far as I know they are not open every day: I passed it on Wednesday night about 10pm, and it was not open.

On Thursday nights, (I think one thursday a month) they hold a transvestite night, although I have never been to that, as I go to Les Femmes at Club Xes which is FREE entry until 11pm; at the Bronx night, you have to pay the regular cover charge...:mad:

After checking, I found that the Bronx is open EVERY night, except Tuesdays, but only until 9.30 pm, according to the times advertised; they have an advert in the SHOUT regional Gay magazine, so check that for details including phone-number...

World AIDS Day Candlelight Vigil

1st December 2009

Winter Garden Start

Time: 4:00pm End Time: 5:00pm

A candlelight vigil at the Winter Gardens hosted by the Leader of Sheffield City Council, Paul Scriven, to mark our respects to the people who have lost loved ones to AIDS over the past year, and celebrate the contributions and successes of people living with HIV and AIDS in Sheffield.

Featuring exciting performances from the Sosa Xa! Drummers and Choir, and raising money for local Sheffield charity the Sheena Amos Youth Trust.

http://www.eventsheffield.co.uk/event/10682/world-aids-day-candlelight-vigil

Thanks for the Aids Day Vigil details; I was wondering if there was any special event; i've got my own World Aids Day poster up on my website Tia-anna.com, just click the link in my signature.

I'll definitely be there -I've even still got my candle from the Vigil closing ceremony at Manchester Pride back in August lol.

World AIDS Day Candlelight Vigil

1st December 2009

Winter Garden Start

Time: 4:00pm End Time: 5:00pm

4.00 pm!?!?!?! What a ridiculous time for the vigil! There will be nobody there because everybody will be at work. It should be much later, about 8.00 pm. Who organised it at this early time, -and why?

4.00 pm!?!?!?! What a ridiculous time for the vigil! There will be nobody there because everybody will be at work. It should be much later, about 8.00 pm. Who organised it at this early time, -and why?

Must admit the time isn`t really good, I shall be at work as well and have no chance of getting there at thsoe times :(

I completely agree.

As a former WAD Project Manager myself, I think whoever took the decision to choose 4pm should be forced to rethink before next year's event.

Another gay night coming up:

|kwi(ə)r|

FRIDAY 4th DECEMBER 2009

ALL LAUNCH NIGHT PROCEEDS WILL GO TO T'OTHER STAGE, THE WOMENS / TRANS / ALT QUEER SPACE AT SHEFFIELD PRIDE 2010

9pm - 3am at Penelopes, Arundel Gate (next to Odeon), Sheffield £5 b4 11pm (last entry 2am)

sees the launch of a Revolution in South Yorkshires Gay/Queer Klubbing Scene and beyond, a revolution which reaches far beyond just another night out.

Dec 4th 2009 sees the launch of |kwi(ə)r|, A Multi-Media Klub event featuring Artists from around the globe who have come together to bring you a new vision of our future, a revolution that all self respecting individual kwi(ə)rs will want to embrace.

Facebook Group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=173823204919

Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/kwier

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=318177505331&index=1

........... and as usual more info on my website :)

What exactly is Lions Lair nowadays?

:loopy:

Mmm... haven't used Sheffield Forum for a while and can't for the life of me remember my log in/email details. ANYWAY, I've started again.

A question for members on here: is "Robofunk" at Lions Lair an LGBT night per se?

Studied in Sheffield in 2005 and visited the place then, returned home for a year after my studies and am back to do my Master's. Since I've been away, Lions Lair is under new management.

Went last night with some friends and was asked on the door if we knew "the nature of this establishment". Had a fantastic night but looking back, albeit details are hazy as I was far too inebriated, it strikes me as if it wasn't. In hindsight, it wasn't really advertised as such and just presumed it was due to my past experiences at Lair. This is supported by Tyranna asking if it was "gay friendly" in this thread, or another, can't remember.

Anyone know if this night (a monthly fixture there) is a "regular" night at a gay venue? Or do Lions Lair have new clientele now? I know these may sound like very dumb questions but I hadn't been on a night out this semester and to be honest, like most information about the gay scene in Sheffield, resources are limited. Again, memories are sketchy but don't recall seeing the LGBT flag waving outside like it used to, though could be wrong.

Not that any of that actually matters as I enjoyed myself but just for future reference and to settle an argument. Cheers!

I completely agree.

As a former WAD Project Manager myself, I think whoever took the decision to choose 4pm should be forced to rethink before next year's event.

There is another World Aids Day event happening later that evening. It is being run by diva creative in partnership with the Centre for HIV. WADstock is a charity gig at the O2 Academy with local bands, comedy acts, dancers and performers. All money raised goes to three AIDS/HIV charities and tickets are only £5. For more details visit http://www.worldaidsdaysheffield.com or the thread here - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=524949

Archived