''all you can eat'' places in Sheffield?

hannahclarke

The absolute best place for Chinese all you can eat is the Chinese banquet at Wong Ting in town (turn left just after Woolworths on the Moor, it's upstairs on the right). It's £15 per person, but rather than being like a school cantine with lukewarm food that all tastes the same, it's a proper restaurant with waiter service (they also have an a la carte menu) - it's a great place to go if you're out with a few people. Basically you pay £15 each and you can choose as many starters as you want, then they bring you crispy duck (there's a veggie option for this as well) and then you order all the mains you want. The food is fantastic, the waiters are all very helpful and can recommend which dishes go well together and although it's more expensive than most Chinese buffets, it's well worth it! We went for my birthday recently and it was outstanding, I'm already planning to go again next year.

If you like Thai food, the Baan Thai on the end of London Road/Ecclesall Road (huge ornate building next to the roundabout on the ringroad) does a Sunday buffet which is excellent (I think about £10 each) and the East Ocean cafe (on the same road as Wong Ting) does a Sunday buffet of Chinese, Thai & Japanese food. All of these restaurants are streets ahead of the usual rubbish Chinese buffets like Wokmania and whatever that place by Ponds Forge is called.

The absolute best place for Chinese all you can eat is the Chinese banquet at Wong Ting in town (turn left just after Woolworths on the Moor, it's upstairs on the right). It's £15 per person, but rather than being like a school cantine with lukewarm food that all tastes the same, it's a proper restaurant with waiter service (they also have an a la carte menu) - it's a great place to go if you're out with a few people. Basically you pay £15 each and you can choose as many starters as you want, then they bring you crispy duck (there's a veggie option for this as well) and then you order all the mains you want. The food is fantastic, the waiters are all very helpful and can recommend which dishes go well together and although it's more expensive than most Chinese buffets, it's well worth it! We went for my birthday recently and it was outstanding, I'm already planning to go again next year.

Is Wong Ting buffet all the time? of just some evenings? It sounds very good-bit like one i have been to near mansfield-spring water-fabulous, but a bit far to travel to,was in area at the time.

Archived