Science Fiction

On 31/03/2019 at 18:20, SnailyBoy said:

If it's easy, then show what test criteria you would use to rule out the supernatural.

As I posted earlier, to rule the supernatural out, you have to first demonstrate the existence of the supernatural.

You can't use the scientific method, that only applies to the natural, it renders any claims of the supernatural irrelevant.

What method would you use?

Okay.....MY method would be this....'Technically' speaking, I should remain 'Agnostic' about the 'Supernatural'....

We can remain 'Agnostic' about a great many things. I can remain 'Agnostic' that there are 'Leprechauns' living at the bottom of my Garden...I can't prove it one way or the other...I prefer to believe that there aren't.

Science excludes the Supernatural because it can't be tested or verified by ANY means.

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

Okay.....MY method would be this....'Technically' speaking, I should remain 'Agnostic' about the 'Supernatural'....

We can remain 'Agnostic' about a great many things. I can remain 'Agnostic' that there are 'Leprechauns' living at the bottom of my Garden...I can't prove it one way or the other...I prefer to believe that there aren't.

Science excludes the Supernatural because it can't be tested or verified by ANY means.

You're agnostic about the supernatural?

(my bold)

So as per your example ''Leprechauns' living at the bottom of my Garden...I can't prove it one way or the other...I prefer to believe that there aren't."

Is there anything that you're agnostic about, that you prefer to believe does exist?

4 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

(my bold)

So as per your example ''Leprechauns' living at the bottom of my Garden...I can't prove it one way or the other...I prefer to believe that there aren't."

Is there anything that you're agnostic about, that you prefer to believe does exist?

Quite...I think you mean something that I do believe in?.... the SUN...And the energy that it gives for Life to arise. on planet Earth.

The Sun can be seen and believed in. 

18 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

(my bold)

That's a tricky question...and a good one.  What I prefer?... That lends a whole new aspect. 

18 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Edited by FinBak

49 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Quite...I think you mean something that I do believe in?.... the SUN...And the energy that it gives for Life to arise. on planet Earth.

The Sun can be seen and believed in. 

No I don't mean that.

Look again what you posted below

2 hours ago, FinBak said:

The key part is bold.

11 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

No I don't mean that.

Look again what you posted below

The key part is bold.

that you prefer to believe does exist?

No...Nothing.

7 minutes ago, FinBak said:

that you prefer to believe does exist?

No...Nothing.

But you prefer to believe there aren't Leprechauns living at the bottom of your garden?

How is that a preference?

Edited by SnailyBoy

2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

But you prefer to believe there aren't Leprechauns living at the bottom of your garden?

Of course i do.

Boil it down...This may seem like a 'Preference'.. But My Preference is based on Logic and reality.

Edited by FinBak