Science Fiction

Good answer, Cyclone, at least so far as I'm concerned. It makes sense to me. And I have read somewhere that the universe inflated at many times the speed of light and this was possible partly because it didn't do it in spacetime because there was no spacetime at the time :) . Thanks for the discussion, Woodview.

On 22/03/2019 at 20:36, Cyclone said:

If the universe at some point expanded faster than the speed of light, then wherever you happen to be within it, it always appears to be the centre.  That's it.  Simples.

Assuming that the expansion was linear.

Assuming there was a BigBang in the FIRST place.

Not ALL scientist believe in that 'Theory'.  And that's just what it is, a Theory.  

Until it is Proven, it will stay as just a 'Theory.'

12 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Assuming there was a BigBang in the FIRST place.

Not ALL scientist believe in that 'Theory'.  And that's just what it is, a Theory.  

Until it is Proven, it will stay as just a 'Theory.'

Look up the definition of a scientific theory and compare that with your useage of the word.

46 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Look up the definition of a scientific theory and compare that with your useage of the word.

Why?

My usage of the word 'Theory' is correct.

4 minutes ago, FinBak said:

No...I don't need to.

The meaning of the term scientific theory(often contracted to theory for brevity) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of theory.[4][Note 1] In everyday speech, theory can imply an explanation that represents an unsubstantiated and speculative guess,[4]whereas in science it describes an explanation that has been tested and widely accepted as valid.

1 minute ago, FinBak said:

No...I don't need to.

Yes, you really do.

'A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results'

So, how does that compare to your usage of the word?