A Question about evolution

Dear Matt and sibon, Thanks for the compliments about my copy and paste prowess. It's a skill that is still evolving. Therefore it will always stay at the same level, because we already know that evolution is a fairy tale. Always has been, always will be.End of story.

Then why are antibiotics increasingly ineffective?

How come bacteria exist that can only eat nylon? If they didn't evolve recently then what did these bacteria for all the millions of years before humans invented nylon less than 100 years ago?

How come bacteria exist that can only eat nylon? If they didn't evolve recently then what did these bacteria for all the millions of years before humans invented nylon less than 100 years ago?

I'm pretty sure the evolution of bacteria to be able to eat nylon has been seen in the lab - basically they leave a bacterium that cannot eat nylon with only nylon to eat and lo and behold, it evolves so it can.

I thought almost all creationists had evolved their thinking to accommodate this by claiming (with no evidence or logic) that evolution can only happen at bacterial level. It seems we have one of the older strain of creationist on SF.

I'm pretty sure the evolution of bacteria to be able to eat nylon has been seen in the lab - basically they leave a bacterium that cannot eat nylon with only nylon to eat and lo and behold, it evolves so it can.

iirc nylon eating bacteria (well to be specific it didn't eat nylon but man made by products of nylon manufacture) was first found in a refuse pool at a plastics plant in Japan. Since then scientists have succeeded in evolving similar strains of bacteria to do pretty much the same thing in the lab.

I thought almost all creationists had evolved their thinking to accommodate this by claiming (with no evidence or logic) that evolution can only happen at bacterial level.

I always like to ask such people how come bacterial DNA can evolve but not human DNA when they are made of exactly the same stuff, amazingly I've yet to receive a reply.

So what was/is the oldest species? have all things evolved from one?

The similarity of DNA amongst every species science has ever studied, make it extremely probably that all life on Earth comes from some single original ancestor. At this point, since later life has destroyed all the evidence, there's no way to tell exactly what that was, but some intelligent guesses can be made.

The first species that was sufficiently advanced to be considered fully alive was probably some low-grade form of bacterium. There may well not be any surviving examples of it.

The similarity of DNA amongst every species science has ever studied, make it extremely probably that all life on Earth comes from some single original ancestor. At this point, since later life has destroyed all the evidence, there's no way to tell exactly what that was, but some intelligent guesses can be made.

The first species that was sufficiently advanced to be considered fully alive was probably some low-grade form of bacterium. There may well not be any surviving examples of it.

thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Dear Matt and sibon, Thanks for the compliments about my copy and paste prowess. It's a skill that is still evolving. Therefore it will always stay at the same level, because we already know that evolution is a fairy tale. Always has been, always will be.End of story.
Nice one. instead of examining your copy paste to try and explain it as you understand it (you obviously don't) you simply resort to the 'its true because i said so' argument.

Dogmatism

The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English | Date: 2008

dog·ma·tism / ˈdôgməˌtizəm/ • n. the tendency to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true, without consideration of evidence or the opinions of others: a culture of dogmatism and fanaticism.

dogmatism

1. a statement of a point of view as if it were an established fact.

2. the use of a system of ideas based upon insufficiently examined premises. — dogmatist, n. — dogmatic, adj.

Do you care to explain away the links towards evidence that suggests beyond any doubt that evolution is a fact that I posted earlier in this very thread? Do you have a counter claim to retro viral reverse transcription showing distinct markers within ape DNA that shows the chance of us NOT sharing a common ancestor with the other great apes as about as likely as every billion persons living on this planet winning the lottery every week for more that a million years? Or will you continue to stick your fingers in your ears like a child whilst saying over and over 'la la la im not listening!! la la la!'. Lets see some hard data that claims otherwise! :)

Archived