A Question about evolution

So fish? not bee's? Someone once said bee's and also dinosaurs... :hihi:

Birds are descended from dinosaurs we aren’t. Dinosaurs and mammals share a common anscestor.

So how many years does it take to for the process to take to evolve into a human?

Millions of years, the huge spans of time which are frankly very hard to get your head around are one of the biggest problems when it comes to people understanding evolution.

How come there are no chimp that are in between, if you get my meaning.

There are, even within the short time that we’ve been looking as the theory of evolution predicted we have found numerous transitional forms between ‘lower’ apes and us in the fossil record.

Very simplistically, we are believed to have evolved from a common ancestor, rather than directly from the apes that are around us today. So we are both evolved from the same species in the same way as domestic cats and tigers did, for example.

You mean like Ota Benga?

Aspired by Darwin’s book, The Decent of Man evolution fundamentalists dared to kidnap an African man (Ota Benga having wife and two kids) from Cong to claim him as "the living transitional links between ape and human". He was chained and caged like an animal and was taken to USA where evolutionist scientists displayed him to the public in the St. Louis World fair along with ape species and introduced him as "the closest transitional link to man". Later he was put in the New York Bronx Zoo along with few chimpanzees, a gorilla and an orang- utan. Dr. William T. Hornaday, the zoo’s evolutionist director gave long speech on

how proud he was to have this exceptional and elusive "transitional form"
in his zoo!

After two years of suffering Ota Benga eventually took his own life in the zoo as a protest to insult against humanity.

We're descend from an unbroken chain of other organisms including both apes and rather earlier fish. The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

On that same subject you may find this book as fascinating as i did...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Inner-Fish-Journey-Billion-Year/dp/0713999357/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221598687&sr=8-1

Here's a couple of video's of the author giving a talk on the subject. :)

Your Inner Fish Pt1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwwtrTH10A

Your Inner Fish Pt2

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOvvsbmTV0

Birds are descended from dinosaurs we aren’t. Dinosaurs and mammals share a common anscestor.

Millions of years, the huge spans of time which are frankly very hard to get your head around are one of the biggest problems when it comes to people understanding evolution.

There are, even within the short time that we’ve been looking as the theory of evolution predicted we have found numerous transitional forms between ‘lower’ apes and us in the fossil record.

Plek, thank you for that post, and I think its the first time I felt you havent tried to patronise me. I sincerely thank you for giving me a clearer understanding for the fuzzy information I have been given in the past. :thumbsup:

Plek, thank you for that post, and I think its the first time I felt you havent tried to patronise me. I sincerely thank you for giving me a clearer understanding for the fuzzy information I have been given in the past. :thumbsup:

Keep the questions coming. Im sure we can help :)

<snip denialist lies>

That simply isn’t true, this is what actually happened to the unfortunate Ota Benga:

From the Belgian Congo to the Bronx Zoo

All Things Considered

, September 8, 2006 · On Sept. 8, a hundred years ago, the Bronx Zoo in New York unveiled a new exhibit that would attract legions of visitors -- and spark a furor.

Inside a cage, in the zoo's Monkey House, was a man named Ota Benga. He was 22 years old, a member of the Batwa people, pygmies who lived in what was then the Belgian Congo.

Ota Benga first came to the United States in 1904. The St. Louis World's Fair had hired Samuel Phillips Verner, an American explorer and missionary, to bring African pygmies to the exposition.

After the World's Fair, Verner, as promised, took the Africans back to their country. But Ota Benga found that he didn't fit in at "home" anymore -- all the members of his particular tribe had been annihilated during his time away -- and he asked Verner to take him back to the United States.

That's when Ota Benga ended up at the Bronx Zoo. It's estimated that 40,000 visitors a day came to see him.

At the same time, a group of African-American ministers mounted a vigorous protest.

From an article in The New York Times on Sept. 10, 1906:

"The person responsible for this exhibition degrades himself as much as he does the African," said Rev. Dr. R. MacArthur of Calvary Baptist Church. "Instead of making a beast of this little fellow, he should be put in school for the development of such powers as God gave to him. It is too bad that there is not some society like the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children. We send our missionaries to Africa to Christianize the people, and then we bring one here to brutalize him."

The Bronx Zoo soon ended the exhibit, and the ministers' group moved Ota Benga to the Howard Colored Orphan Asylum in Brooklyn. He stayed there for a short time before being relocated to Lynchburg, Va., where various families housed him and tried to help him live a normal life.

Ota Benga lived in Lynchburg until March 1916, when he borrowed a gun from one of his host families, went to the woods on the edge of the town, and shot himself.

Carrie Allen McCray, now 92, knew Ota Benga when she was a little girl in Lynchburg; for a time, he lived with her family. Phillips Verner Bradford is the grandson of the explorer who brought Ota Benga to America. They recount the story of the African pygmy's life -- and death -- in America.

How exactly do you feel this particular red herring is relevant to our status as evolved beings anyway?

That simply isn’t true, this is what actually happened to the unfortunate Ota Benga:

How exactly do you feel this particular red herring is relevant to our status as evolved beings anyway?

There are many different stories about this- what I was trying to present was that 'evolutionist scientists' will use any source to project that evolutionary took place (that we decended from xyz or whatever).

Piltdown man (an oran-utan jaw and human skull), Nebraska man (a pig’s tooth), Ota Benga (the African in the cage), Haeckel’s drawings and Piltdown bird (2002) to prove dino-bird hypothesis are some of the famous scandals in evolutionary arena.

Archived