Whats going on for Halloween?

Tess

We always dress up and take the kids to Fright nite, although as pointed out its not actually on halloween. For the actual night I tend to let the kids dress up, make a buffet tea with 'blood juice' (blackcurrant) and 'eyeballs' (meatballs) you get the idea lol. We invite my parents round and sometimes have a few games like bobbing for apples.

Whilst American's certainly go more 'all out' for Halloween (as they seem to for all festivals) this history seems to suggest that it is definately more Celtic and from the UK region, with some Roman influences:

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=713&display_order=1&mini_id=1076

http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=715&display_order=1&sub_display_order=2&mini_id=1076

The showroom are showing a late night double bill of The American Warewolf in London followed by The Thing, on actual Halloween night it starts at 10ish.

I've got tickets for me and the hubby should be fun or should I say scarey.

xx

why do people have to moan about everything. If we want to celebrate something what's the harm in that?

Because it's not "yours" to celebrate you have no 'ties' to it! You're celebrating someone else's clever marketing opportunism not some tradition that's been in this country for hundred's of years!

It's excuse to get money out of you from shops and bars!

How about I come up with some clever way we can all celebrate Hanukkah! Would you join in with that as well?

Bonfire night is only a few days after anyway? So it's not like you've got long to wait for the next thing relevent to us!

Archived