Whats going on for Halloween?

Tess

Because it's not "yours" to celebrate you have no 'ties' to it! You're celebrating someone else's clever marketing opportunism not some tradition that's been in this country for hundred's of years!

It's excuse to get money out of you from shops and bars!

How about I come up with some clever way we can all celebrate Hanukkah! Would you join in with that as well?

Bonfire night is only a few days after anyway? So it's not like you've got long to wait for the next thing relevent to us!

If you don't want to join in, then don't. Don't tell others they can't though. You can't tell someone they're not allowed to celebrate something because it's not "theirs".

If people want to celebrate something, then let them. I celebrate Christmas and I'm an antitheist. Arrest me now.

Do you celebrate St Patrick's day? I know I do, and I'm not Irish.

Yes, it's all about marketing and getting money out of us, but so are a lot of things. If you look at it, the whole entertainment industry is. Look at pubs - stand in a loud, crowded environment drinking drinks that cost ridiculous prices, and end up going down a toilet one way or another! Why do we do it, because it's enjoyable, that's why. If people want to enjoy Halloween, let them. Its their money, and their life.

I know its a bit in advance but I want to do something really good for it this year!

Want a good night out, don't want to pay 55 quid for a ghost tour of the firestation but maybe a ghost tour of the town then onto a bar/pub/club in fancy dress?

Any ideas?

Failing that, anyone organising a halloween meet?:hihi:

Party at Kibbles

Fright Night sounds like a good bet. I know that alot of the bars in town such as the Forum are getting involved by dressing up and having some sorts of games there during/after the event. There's also a sing-a-lon-a Rocky Horror on at the city hall at 7, which I've heard is a good laugh too. I think I'll be going anyway!

Fri 31st Oct, The Dove and Rainbow

The Arockalypse: The Third Coming

Our Halloween spectacular

Sheff Uni Rocsoc DJ's playing all the best rock and metal anthems of all time...

-There should be a few performers from the Flying Teapots society showcasing their skills with diablo, poi and juggling.

-We'll be doing an air guitar competition and prizes for the winner of that and the winner(s) of the best fancy dress on the night. Get your costumers ready for the scariest Halloween ever at the Dove and Rainbow......

-Entry will of course be absolutely free! ROAR

Halloween is American! and We shouldn't even Celebrate it! Just Like We Don't Celebrate Presidents Day! or Thanksgiving! Just like They Don't Celebrate Bonfire Night!, or Remembrance Sunday!

Don't Bother it's just an excuse to rip you off!

want a tissue ?

Lions Lair are doing a Halloween evening.... its a proper oldy worldy pub in the centre just down from embrace, next to john lewis... we're all going anyway!

I dont know any other pubs that are doing a theme on the actual evening

Grapes.

We're having a party!

Archived