Whats going on for Halloween?

Tess

You might fancy coming along to the first of a series of nights we are putting on all year round and not just for halloween! We are combining horror film showings, live music and performance in unusual locations with the first being at Heeley Institute which is a converted church building.

SCARED STIFF Presents…

1st November 2008

The Heeley Institute, Hartley Street, Heeley

7.30 – Midnight

DAN O’BANNON’S The return OF THE LIVING DEAD

musical performance:

WARREN PEACE

live performances:

“THE KILLER” by CHERRY DU BOIS & DEADLY NIGHSHADE

and “ZOMBIE” by TRIXIE ROSE

Admission £6; bring your own wine; traditional cinema snacks available to buy

DRESS TO DISTRESS

Call 07866886860 or join Facebook group Scared Stiff for further information

Scared Stiff bringing you chilling evenings of live performance and film

FILM SCREENING STARTS AT 8.30P.M. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO HELP THE AGED SHEFIELD. LINE UP MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Halloween is American! and We shouldn't even Celebrate it! Just Like We Don't Celebrate Presidents Day! or Thanksgiving! Just like They Don't Celebrate Bonfire Night!, or Remembrance Sunday!

Don't Bother it's just an excuse to rip you off!

It's been celebrated in England since the ninth century - a good few hundred years before America was invented! The Protestants did try to repress celebrations during the Reformation though. :cool:

I'm off to my local, the newly reopened Shiny Sheff. And yes, I'll be dressed as Dracula.

There are games and things going off and a prize for best fancy dress (it's okay, I would never expect to win!) and children are allowed on the premises till 9pm.

Knowing Sally and Neil, an impromptu karaoke could no doubt kick off. I think there may also be free nibbles and so on.

And failing all that, it's a warm, welcoming pub with real ale; beats the dross served up on TV.

Hmmm, we're struggling for somewhere to go now the york isn't reopening

can't leave the dog at home in case of random teens doing supposed trick or treat, so we need a dog pub. Not planning on removing my witches outfit either :mrgreen:

wonder if I should take my vat of green custard along too :hihi:

• 1 year later...

My band Left Ajar will be headlining at The Corporation in Sheffield for Halloween! we will be performing in full costume and tickets are only £5. It will be a great night so if anyone is still struggling with what to do I would like to invite everybody down to that!

Archived