Naming a business

one trick is to come up with a list of associated words (use an online thesaurus) then regex / search through a dictionary for words which contain these words. I also have a little python program which is use for poetry and song writing which gives words which sound similar (but that can sometimes be a little abstract for some).

Then think of the process, e.g. match.com is the result of trying to find a date.

Conjunctions between two ideas work as well as in it's a shop that also sell property, e.g. property-shop. Are you wanting to catch a stylised market, e.g. trendy, stylish, modern, futuristic, holiday, e.g. holiday apartments.

If you want an exact match for your web domain name, then i'd search for the name first because most of the good ones are already gone. Find a domain name search page which gives other examples (see how they offer different examples), I use ukreg.com

mmm, I love being offered my choice of name for £1000, even though it was free a few hours ago. It's sometimes to buy it if it's free and end ip with a few domain names, worst comes to worst you can redirect them all to the same site, or just have different fronts for differing types of client categories...

I checked a domain name a couple of years ago using a well known search, next day a guy in Russia had taken it, turns out he runs a few dns server and watches for unknown queries, he also has a few court cases against him for swiping in this manner.

If you have it use 'nslookup', and to find who and when registered use 'whois' (theres also an online version of this)

Archived