Ecclesall Road - Travel To Bars

Howzat!

I don't venture down Ecclesall Road much, but when I do I need to jump in a taxi and it costs me £10-£15 from where I live, so I just wondered if anybody knew which bus to catch from the Sheffield Bus Station to get me near Champs/Nursery Tavern, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm just too skint a student to keep paying £15 a journey up there!

Cheers.

(Apologies to the Mods if this is in the wrong place)

You could walk it in 15 minutes! You modern students don't know you're born!

(don't know about buses, sorry!)

To be honest, I always thought it took longer (like 45 minutes), but 15mins is ok, I guess I can lose a few pounds anyway. :P

• 2 weeks later...
I don't venture down Ecclesall Road much, but when I do I need to jump in a taxi and it costs me £10-£15 from where I live, so I just wondered if anybody knew which bus to catch from the Sheffield Bus Station to get me near Champs/Nursery Tavern, etc.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm just too skint a student to keep paying £15 a journey up there!

Cheers.

The Buses don't go up to ecclesall road from the station! Zavvi in Town is where most of them go from! I think you can get the number 3/4 Millhouses bus which doesn't go on ecclesall road but goes near sharrowvale road and you can get off and walk down in 5 mins near the Stag pub!

Either that or the Buses that go to Castleton/Buxton from the station go up Eccy road! But these aren't regular so you would need to plan your journey with a timetable!

Cheers.

I think the above post is correct and you cannot get buses from the station to Eccy Road - I am not 100% sure though.

Zavvi is the best place to get them from in town - the 88 and 83 stagecoach buses drop you off bang outside the Pomona and then just after (literally just after) Champs. Some mainline buses stop at the same stops (81 and 82 I think and there could be more of them) but the stagecoach ones are a lot cheaper (for non-students anyway but it's probably the same for students)

That is all correct, but the Stagecoach buses stop running at 7.00pm from town.

The 81, 82, 83 and 88 stop outside the 99p stores also which is on Queens street.

Other buses that go up Ecclesall Road are 85 to millhouses, 86 to Fulwood, 80 and 90 buses which I think are run for the students. I'm afraid I don't know where you would catch the above although I have a feeling that the 85 may leave from the bus station, it is only once an hour in the evening though.

Archived