SheffieldForum Radio

Hi there folks I currently as you know work on radio:o anyways I also do a station of my own called The 80's Mix With NutroniC. That goes out from my home through winamp etc, and its free yay!!!

Anyways I was thinking of doing one for this forum aswell, obviously I will have to email Geoff and discuss it with him to see if I can use the name SheffieldForum in its title etc....

So what do you think, because basically unlike other stations that claim to be YOUR station this would actually be YOUR station, the songs YOU want to hear etc.

Reply on your thoughts and opinions to this please

Steve

Maybe rather than a Sheffield Forum station, what about a SheffieldForum Slot on your show?

Then if you station flops (hoping not) then at least the good name of SheffieldForum isn't destroyed too!:lol:

Hope that isn't too much of a glass is half empty type comment for ya!

Sorry to be a bit backward but I am not familiar with the programme you broadcast.

Is it a pleasant mix of music for all ages from Mel C to Mantovani.

Or is it mostly foot--tapping sounds of those Merseyside mopheads-The Beatles.

Personally I would go for something with a country and western flavour .Names that come to mind are Dolly Parton and the late Jim Reeves.Lovely melodies and thought provoking messages.

Perhaps interspersed with traffic updates and weather reports.

I suppose the big problem is everyones different taste in music.

I have a wide range of music i like, such as recent dance stuff down to 60s and a little classical to opera so i can listen to all kinds of stuff depending on my mood.

I am a radio 2 listener and now again listen to gallaxy or Real but your idea of Sheffield forum on your station is a good one as long as people are prepaired to listen to others chosen music even if its not what they usually listen to.

Only thing you need to tune in is is a media player, and more info on broadcasting your own station for FREE is available at http://www.shoutcast.com. The reason its not been put up on my website yet is the fact that I have only just started my own station as forenamed ' The 80's Mix With NutroniC ' as the name suggests, I only play 80's music at the mo but if it became a radio station for a forum such as this then that would change, I would play songs that you want to hear and that kind of thing, plus traffic updates and weather as BAZZO requested, as for DaBouncers request, im not quite sure what you mean?

Hope this altered anyones confusion. Feel free to pm/email me with any questions most of you have my email address on that small business like card i gave u at the last meet.

Steve

Sounds interesting... email me some more details. There are often so many new posts that I don't have the time to read them all - so email is best for ideas/suggestions. (The only reason I found this thread was because it contained "Geoff" ;)).

The name of 'My' station has now changed, its called Nutronic Radio and you can tune in with Real Player and Winamp not sure about Windows Media Player tho. If you go to my site then click on the banner on the 'Internet Radio' section then it 'SHOULD' take you to a page where its says Listen or something click on that then your default media player should load and play my station.....a test transmission will be running all day with a mix of tunes, including some greats like elvis, beatles oasis and many many more.......

See yer later guys, i gotta go see the jobcenter as I got an interview NEXT Tuesday!!!!

Archived