Looking for old photos of glossop road shops

can any one help? my parents use to own 'Hopkinson's Delicatessen' on glossop road, Broomhill from 1952 to the eighties, and they have no photos of the front of the shop. i have tried numerous places but all the photos that seem to be in exhistance are of fulwood road shops, not the ones on glossop road

Originally posted by amanda161

can any one help? my parents use to own 'Hopkinson's Delicatessen' on glossop road, Broomhill from 1952 to the eighties, and they have no photos of the front of the shop. i have tried numerous places but all the photos that seem to be in exhistance are of fulwood road shops, not the ones on glossop road

Try this liink.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=glossop+road,+Broomhill&spell=1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a photo of the "Chocolate Soldier" sweetshop, which my parents ran until the mid-1980s - I think it was a couple of doors up from the delicatessen??? I don't think there's one of the delicatessen though....

• 7 years later...

Hello Amanda, I can't help with the photos you are looking for but do have memories of your parents' shop and your Dad arriving at our back door laden with groceries. I was reminded of your parents when by chance I came upon your dear brother David's grave while walking through Hutcliffe Wood Cemetery. I remember the sadness after hearing that he had been killed falling from a tree in Melbourne Avenue. My 90 year old Mum says she used to be in touch with your parents after they left for France - is that where they went, are they still alive?? Kind regards Nigel

Hello Amanda, I can't help with the photos you are looking for but do have memories of your parents' shop and your Dad arriving at our back door laden with groceries. I was reminded of your parents when by chance I came upon your dear brother David's grave while walking through Hutcliffe Wood Cemetery. I remember the sadness after hearing that he had been killed falling from a tree in Melbourne Avenue. My 90 year old Mum says she used to be in touch with your parents after they left for France - is that where they went, are they still alive?? Kind regards Nigel

I think it's unlikely that you'll get a reply Nigel. As you can see, the post is 9 years old and she hasn't posted on the forum since. Perhaps the moderators may be able to help if they have an email address on record.

Pat & Ron are pals of mine Nigel, still in the Dordogne. Lovely people.

Wow, thanks for that. Amazing! Please give them best wishes from Dorothy Hall and Nigel. Tell them that Dad John passed away 3 years ago. Mum now lives with me in Sheffield having moved from Bridlington. I remember their lovely shop very well; popping in for a sliced loaf or whatever for Mum. Is there any way we could exchange photo's, old and new?

---------- Post added 07-11-2014 at 07:57 ----------

boyfriday, maybe you can message me with either your email address or Pat and Ron's?

I remember making deliveries to Mr Hopkinson some 45 years ago:o

A very pleasant chap with a fancy moustache? But.......... the reason that I have posted, is the photograph (or lack of) aspect. In these days where we take more pics than ever, but print few, for goodness sake save them....anywhere!! What may seem the most innocuous photo today, can be in years to come, ruddy priceless.