Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Hello,

I went to Pye Bank School with a Leslie Fleming. He had a sister I think was called Dawn. The family lived on Brunswick Road, next to the empty shop on the corner of Brambers Street and opposite the Vine P.H.

I believe the family moved to Ballifield sometime in the late 1950's. I haven't seen Les since about that time.

Regards

Remember Don Morley from Bramber St.Also the Wellbornes,Whittackers,Marshalls,Whites all lived at the Bull Rocks end of Brunswick Rd.Can anyone remember a little old lady that lived in the second or third house up on the right from the Bull Rocks.She always wore black clothes as if she was in mourning.Little lace up boots and a little hat even in the house.We would call every time we went to the chip shop & she would always ask us to bring her a fish.Her name was Mrs. Cooper.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anybody remember any of the families who lived on either Bramber Street or Brunswick Road in Pitsmoor before slum clearence. Where are they now.

Hallo again I sent you a message, in regards to Iris & margaret. ON PITSMOOR IN THE 40s & 50s. on this post its bramber st & brunswick rd, i was called up & went in the army from bramber st in 54 to 57,the slum clearence had been & gone by the time i got out. BUT I do remenber the names you mention (Russall) PAT, her friend, Sheila spivie,LES fleming,DON & Albert morley albert died about 12 yrs ago don still with us, he's a couple of yrs older then me Im 75, by the way Im frank ward,two sisters & two brothers joyce-Iris-george & james just me & george still here. a few more names for you,John alsopp- gerald saxton- henry curtis- david kerrigan,and many more. Im also on fachbook.take care.

Edited by warday
looking for mistakes

My OH's Grandparents kept the newsagents on Bramber Street, about 5 houses away from the barbers shop - their name was Bridges.

The newsagents was later taken over by her aunt, Annie Bates who came from Spital Street and her grandparents moved into their house.