Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Phenomenal memory Mickowl91.

i wonder where they all are now?

hello stuzo, mick has a very good memory hasent he, I might be able to help with where there are now, I'll start with the memory man, mick has 2 brothers still with us--Arthure & Don-- Im one of the wards ( Frank)& just George he lives in lincoln. the Scotts-Fred-Caroll-Pauline-Brian-Terry-& mark All still here in sheff, Susan Warburton-Ecclesfield-Len harpin - handsworth, just a couple of names mick diden't mention Henry Curtis-moved abroad & John Alsop lives near me at longley.Thats the best I can do for now, cheers.

hello stuzo, mick has a very good memory hasent he, I might be able to help with where there are now, I'll start with the memory man, mick has 2 brothers still with us--Arthure & Don-- Im one of the wards ( Frank)& just George he lives in lincoln. the Scotts-Fred-Caroll-Pauline-Brian-Terry-& mark All still here in sheff, Susan Warburton-Ecclesfield-Len harpin - handsworth, just a couple of names mick diden't mention Henry Curtis-moved abroad & John Alsop lives near me at longley.Thats the best I can do for now, cheers.

Hi Frank. Mick Morley here our Dennis is still witg us, he has lixed in Newcastle for 63 years. He celebrated his diamond wedding 2 years ago and he and his wife are both 81. Next time I talk to him i'll remeember you to him.

Edited by mickowl91

Yes I can remember a few more names. Wilfred Akers, Bobby Gambles, Brian Shaw, Denis Fidler, Stuart Spivey, Laurence Naylor, Brian Wilkinson (Dereck Dooley's cousin), Frank Nicholson, Peter Stringfellow, Roy Wright, Alan Stephenson, Alan Williamson, Maureene Elves, Pat Fox, Maureen Bourne, Joan Hunter, Kathleen Smith, Pauleen Smith, Sheila Russell.

[/b]

Just another couple Alan Bradshaw and Valerie Buccerie there was another lad that i remember who lived opposite the School gates called Rowland but I

can't recall his surname. By tge way there were allways 45 in our class and I do alzo remember Mr Taylor + Miss Smith.

I always consider myself fortunate to have both Mr Taylor and Miss Smith as teachers. I remember that they both gave me a lot more confidence in my abilities. Mr Taylor also gave me a lot of encouragement at football. Graham Martin and myself used to take it in turns at being captain when playing against other schools.

Brian Wilkinson was a really fast runner. I once saw him run down Pyebank Hill straight into a car coming up Rock St. He was going that fast he hit the car and went straight over the top. He only broke a leg, very lucky. I once played football against him in the Sheffield Under 18s League and he was just as fast; a nightmare to play against. The only way I could stop him was by letting him bump into me :D

Henry Curtis rings a bell. Was he in the airforce? He was a decent lad always seemed knowledgable about stuff. He was older than me. Whereabouts is he living abroad?

Yes Stuzo Henry curtis was in the RAF,His sister Joyce told me some yrs ago she lived just round the corner from me up here she just said he had emigrated.

Just another couple Alan Bradshaw and Valerie Buccerie there was another lad that i remember who lived opposite the School gates called Rowland but I

can't recall his surname. By tge way there were allways 45 in our class and I do alzo remember Mr Taylor + Miss Smith.

Was Roland's name Thirston?