Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

I remember a girl called Russell(surname) in the early 50s.Also Beryl Pass on Brunswick Rd.

hi

There was a girl called Sheila Russell in my class at Pyebank School, left in 1952, she would be 69 or 70 now, she lived on Oborne Street near to the Wembley playground. In the 70s she had a little sandwich shop on London Road, not seen her since then.

mickowl91

Hi,

You mention Les and Dawn Fleming in your list.

Do you know what happened to Les? He and I were in the same class at Pye Bank and all the way through Burgreave.

Stange but the last time I saw him was on Ladies Bridge one Saturday in the late 1950's(?). He had just got out of work and was rushing home (the family had moved out to Ballifield by this time) to get changed and go to Brian Tompkin's wedding.

You might remember Brian lived on Kilton Street and was also in our class at Pye Bank & Burgreave.

Regards

PS.

There are quite a few other names on your original list that I remember but can't put faces to the names. I'll plead old age

Hi Falls

I don't know what happened to Les, I only saw him once after he left Pitsmoor, same with Dawn, I saw her about 8 years ago and we recognised each other even though not having seen one another for over 40 years.

I do remember Brian Tomkins he lived near the Saxtons, Gerald and Steven, you must have known one of my brothers, Albert Morley, he was a good freind of Les's.

hi

There was a girl called Sheila Russell in my class at Pyebank School, left in 1952, she would be 69 or 70 now, she lived on Oborne Street near to the Wembley playground. In the 70s she had a little sandwich shop on London Road, not seen her since then.

mickowl91

There was a Pat Russell on bramber st she lived a couple of doors below bramber place, but this Pat would be around my age 75is her gran lived 2 doors below them, called Morris.

Hi Falls

I don't know what happened to Les, I only saw him once after he left Pitsmoor, same with Dawn, I saw her about 8 years ago and we recognised each other even though not having seen one another for over 40 years.

I do remember Brian Tomkins he lived near the Saxtons, Gerald and Steven, you must have known one of my brothers, Albert Morley, he was a good freind of Les's.

I think Brian Tomkins started dating the Pat russall from Bramber st,I would be interested to know if thay made it to the Alter.

I met Les Fleming in 1961 he lived on Rusby st Grimesthope not seen him since his Mum & Dad lived At firvale.

Can anyone remember a lad called Havenhand. He lived on Kilton St. He went to Sheffield Tech. He used to go to school with a vicious Tony Curtis hairstyle, drainpipes and thick crepe soles. I remember he used to have a fag on the top deck of the tram on the way to school. The girls loved it. I suppose we would call him Mr Cool now. Apart from all that I think he was quite a bright lad.

Can anyone remember a lad called Havenhand. He lived on Kilton St. He went to Sheffield Tech. He used to go to school with a vicious Tony Curtis hairstyle, drainpipes and thick crepe soles. I remember he used to have a fag on the top deck of the tram on the way to school. The girls loved it. I suppose we would call him Mr Cool now. Apart from all that I think he was quite a bright lad.

Dont remember the Havenhand lad, but there was a guy on spital st with the same description you might know him (Jack Finner) brother terry & sister Kath.

Hi Warday

I don't remember a Finner but I remember the Finneys on Spital St or maybe its the same family?

My problem is that I am finding peoples faces difficult to remember. When people mention names they immediately come into recognition but I don't see their faces clearly just a memory of the vicinity where they lived. Yet I bet if I saw them in real life I would recognise them.