Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Hi Falls

I don't know what happened to Les, I only saw him once after he left Pitsmoor, same with Dawn, I saw her about 8 years ago and we recognised each other even though not having seen one another for over 40 years.

I do remember Brian Tomkins he lived near the Saxtons, Gerald and Steven, you must have known one of my brothers, Albert Morley, he was a good freind of Les's.

Hi,

Thanks for message. I haven't seen Dawn since about 1951-52. All A long time ago.

Yes, I do remember the name Albert Morley. I think we were in the same class at Pye Bank.

Send me a PM. and I will give you more details. That is if I can remember some of them!!!

Regards

Hi Warday

I don't remember a Finner but I remember the Finneys on Spital St or maybe its the same family?

My problem is that I am finding peoples faces difficult to remember. When people mention names they immediately come into recognition but I don't see their faces clearly just a memory of the vicinity where they lived. Yet I bet if I saw them in real life I would recognise them.

your finney sounds right i could have spelled it wrong,jack was 6ft tall-long hair & use't to ware a crovat he work't on the railway he died about 20yrs ago.

54 must have been when you went in the forces?

I think Nellie Morris and the Elshaws went to the Woodhouse, Tythe Barn Estate. I don't know where the Russels, who were relatives, went to.

I did a morning paper round and when the young women, who must have been about 4 years older than me, said good morning it used to make my day

54 must have been when you went in the forces?

I think Nellie Morris and the Elshaws went to the Woodhouse, Tythe Barn Estate. I don't know where the Russels, who were relatives, went to.

I did a morning paper round and when the young women, who must have been about 4 years older than me, said good morning it used to make my day

54 was the year i whent in the forces. The slum clearance haden't started & when i came out it was all over, my mum was living on the shirecliffe est. I use't to see George Morris in the pubs on the moor.

When I was at Pyebank School we used to be taken to Corporation Street swimming baths. I learned to swim there. The teachers used to walk us in file all the way there and back. I can't remember anyone moaning about how far it was. As youngsters we used to go to Sutherland Road baths. I also remember going to the slipper baths early every Saturday morning. I remember walking back home after swimming and calling at the grocers on Spital Hill for a bag of broken biscuits. What luxury! especially if you got a few "cream ones" in your bag

When I was at Pyebank School we used to be taken to Corporation Street swimming baths. I learned to swim there. The teachers used to walk us in file all the way there and back. I can't remember anyone moaning about how far it was. As youngsters we used to go to Sutherland Road baths. I also remember going to the slipper baths early every Saturday morning. I remember walking back home after swimming and calling at the grocers on Spital Hill for a bag of broken biscuits. What luxury! especially if you got a few "cream ones" in your bag

Hallo Stuzo.sutherland rd was the one i went to both slipper & swimming, across the road next to the barbers you could buy a penny slice of bread & dripping or jam NO BUTTER. I think the shop you got your broken biscuits from was called the meader or was it meadow?.