Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

That's right Warday, I remember the penny slice of bread & dripping (I never had the jam)

The grocer on Spital Hill?. Yes I think it began with an "M". It was a famous name, they had a few shops in Sheffield.

Hi,

Could it be Mellor's?

Regards

Im going to give you all a little brain buster, can you remember the kids climbming into a large lorry tyre & being pushed up & down brunswick rd, do you know whot happend to that tyre, I'll give you a little time to think about it & give you the answer later.

The Meadow; Thanks for that

Now I'm waiting to hear about the lorry tyre!

Right Stuzo, remember Alf Parkers motor cycles spairs shop on spital hill it was faching bramber st, playing with the tyre one night let go it started rolling down bram st me & 3 of the lads tried to stop it impossible to heavy, just had to watch it gethering speed hit the pavement bounce 3ft in the air right into the glass & into the shop.

Hi,

Thanks for message. I haven't seen Dawn since about 1951-52. All A long time ago.

Yes, I do remember the name Albert Morley. I think we were in the same class at Pye Bank.

Send me a PM. and I will give you more details. That is if I can remember some of them!!!

Regards

I too remember the name Albert Morley from Pye Bank and that was back in the 40's. And does anyone remember a butcher's somewhere along Brunswick Road or Spital St? It was on a corner between Neville and Bramber St's. A bit vague I know but my mom used to send me over there from Woodside Lane, I think, because it was the only place you could get stuff like udder and brawn, potted meat at the right price. Not so happy days.

I too remember the name Albert Morley from Pye Bank and that was back in the 40's. And does anyone remember a butcher's somewhere along Brunswick Road or Spital St? It was on a corner between Neville and Bramber St's. A bit vague I know but my mom used to send me over there from Woodside Lane, I think, because it was the only place you could get stuff like udder and brawn, potted meat at the right price. Not so happy days.

On the corner of Nottingham St, opposite Langleys greengrocers. It was Ken Greens.