Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

The Barber was Harry Brammer (I think) then Bottomleys paper shop corner of Thistle & Spital St. further up was a shop called Bensons, then the chip shop, after that was the Cromwell View pub corner of Spital & Verdon St. then I think there was another shop past the Cromwell View. On the other side coming back down was Northcliffe's (not sure of the name) further down was the old butchers, then Booths, and on the corner of Brunswick Rd. & Spital St. was Langleys green grocers.

That sounds spot on to me Pitsmoorboy.

The Barber was Harry Brammer (I think) then Bottomleys paper shop corner of Thistle & Spital St. further up was a shop called Bensons, then the chip shop, after that was the Cromwell View pub corner of Spital & Verdon St. then I think there was another shop past the Cromwell View. On the other side coming back down was Northcliffe's (not sure of the name) further down was the old butchers, then Booths, and on the corner of Brunswick Rd. & Spital St. was Langleys green grocers.

HI

Just one more to add to that list past the chip shop cross verdon street was a little shop we used to call the old ladies we used to get our frozen jubleys there

HI

Just one more to add to that list past the chip shop cross verdon street was a little shop we used to call the old ladies we used to get our frozen jubleys there

A few names from around that area,Harry Coggins,Darrel Stent,Raymond Keeney,Beryl Booth, the Kynocks.I will try to remember some more.

HI

That sounds right to me, this thread is really picking our brians (good therapy).

A few names from around that area,Harry Coggins,Darrel Stent,Raymond Keeney,Beryl Booth, the Kynocks.I will try to remember some more.

Did the Kynocks have a pub on vernon st?. But yes those names you mention

come back into focus when mentioned. You remember so many, i'll put a few more your way Ray & Bernard greaves-Billy Bourne- Billy-Bennet.