Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

• 6 months later...
dear frank don calling ,Im trying to reply to you _I will get better in time ,hope you are O,,,k- don

Hallo Don nice to here from you, yes i'm o.k. hope you & the family are well its quiet a wile ago we last got in touch, you were still trying to master this constaption, it take's us old un's a little longer? it seems like this FORUM as run out of story's. Pass your house 2-3 a week keep thinking about calling in. Keep in touch Frank.

Hello,

I went to Pye Bank School with a Leslie Fleming. He had a sister I think was called Dawn. The family lived on Brunswick Road, next to the empty shop on the corner of Brambers Street and opposite the Vine P.H.

I believe the family moved to Ballifield sometime in the late 1950's. I haven't seen Les since about that time.

Regards

I went to Pye Bank School,and Leslie Fleming ring a bell,I lived on Fitzalan St

Hello 25195348 thanks for responding.You mention Les and Dawn Fleming if you read my first post on 10-08-2011 you will see quite a lot about Les and Dawn.I also went to Pye Bank and Burngreave with Les who is still my mate and has been for over 65 years.All my close relatives lived on Fitzalan Street in the last yard on the left before the bridge.Best Wishes.

Hello 25195348 thanks for responding.You mention Les and Dawn Fleming if you read my first post on 10-08-2011 you will see quite a lot about Les and Dawn.I also went to Pye Bank and Burngreave with Les who is still my mate and has been for over 65 years.All my close relatives lived on Fitzalan Street in the last yard on the left before the bridge.Best Wishes.

I also went to Burngreave left in 1952,you have certainly jogged my memory,I did not know anybody in that yard but I did know a guy who lived in the house next to the entry but I cant remember his name,a few houses up a very good pal of mine George Bland lived, across the street from the yard you mentioned lived the Seniors,below them was Mrs Days shop,and I knew Brain Day whe was a champion swimmer,I was thinking is it possible we know one another. all the best

Hello again 25195348 I also left Burngreave in 1952 I was in 4A in WOOD house Mr Holdsworth and Mr Snell and Mr Fearneough for metalwork amongst others.My name is Brian Tompkins born at 39 Kilton Street .Do we know each other?

Hello again 25195348 I also left Burngreave in 1952 I was in 4A in WOOD house Mr Holdsworth and Mr Snell and Mr Fearneough for metalwork amongst others.My name is Brian Tompkins born at 39 Kilton Street .Do we know each other?

I certainly remember Mr Holdsworth,he could fill blackboards up like nobodys business,and was handy with the cane, Mr Snell was ok get him talking about his army days and it took a complete lesson I remember Mr Fearneough, but did Wood work with a Mr Holly,never did like him,I was in 4A, Tony Dickinson I think we must know one another. all the best

I left in 52 and I was in 4a so I may know you.I had a pal in our class from Kilton hill,Pete Ellison.Also in our class Douggie Brown,James Elmore,Brian Heighington,Dave Valentine,I forget the rest.

Remember Don Morley from Bramber St.Also the Wellbornes,Whittackers,Marshalls,Whites all lived at the Bull Rocks end of Brunswick Rd.Can anyone remember a little old lady that lived in the second or third house up on the right from the Bull Rocks.She always wore black clothes as if she was in mourning.Little lace up boots and a little hat even in the house.We would call every time we went to the chip shop & she would always ask us to bring her a fish.Her name was Mrs. Cooper.

My grandad and uncles lived at 27 Bramber street.Donald Morley is my uncle.He is still in Sheffield in the Southey Green area.I have been in Canada since 1967 but still have lots of family in Sheffield.I actually was talking to Don on skipe a couple of days ago.