Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

My grandad and uncles lived at 27 Bramber street.Donald Morley is my uncle.He is still in Sheffield in the Southey Green area.I have been in Canada since 1967 but still have lots of family in Sheffield.I actually was talking to Don on skipe a couple of days ago.

I lived on Oborne street.went to pye bank and then Owler Lane.Weleft Oborne St in1951 or 52 and moved to Adrian Crescent (southey area)

Hallo again I sent you a message, in regards to Iris & margaret. ON PITSMOOR IN THE 40s & 50s. on this post its bramber st & brunswick rd, i was called up & went in the army from bramber st in 54 to 57,the slum clearence had been & gone by the time i got out. BUT I do remenber the names you mention (Russall) PAT, her friend, Sheila spivie,LES fleming,DON & Albert morley albert died about 12 yrs ago don still with us, he's a couple of yrs older then me Im 75, by the way Im frank ward,two sisters & two brothers joyce-Iris-george & james just me & george still here. a few more names for you,John alsopp- gerald saxton- henry curtis- david kerrigan,and many more. Im also on fachbook.take care.

I have only recently joined this site.I live in Canada (since 1967)I was born and lived on Oborne Street I remember crossing the old hill above the bullrocks to go to my grandadas on Bramber Street.Don Morley is my uncleand I was talking to him on skype a couple of days ago.He is 78 and still in good health .He still has 2brothers still in Sheffiele.Michael and Arthur.another brother Dennis lives near Newcastle.

I have only recently joined this site.I live in Canada (since 1967)I was born and lived on Oborne Street I remember crossing the old hill above the bullrocks to go to my grandadas on Bramber Street.Don Morley is my uncleand I was talking to him on skype a couple of days ago.He is 78 and still in good health .He still has 2brothers still in Sheffiele.Michael and Arthur.another brother Dennis lives near Newcastle.

Ask Don if he can remember playing football on Stanley street in the wicker with the Barnets ,Dempseys and the Phillips along with a gang of lads from around Marcus Street.

Hello Tony I do remember you.I contacted FALLS who was also in 4A at Burngreave we looked at a picture of the trip to the Festival of Britain in 1951 taken on Melrose Road.Between us we came up with 22 names that fit the faces.I have to confess that FALLS remembered 90% of them he has a remarkable memory.Best Wishes.

Bri39 I left Burngreave july 51 ex J Holdens class went on Festival trip 4 days £5 all in talk about value for money.

Can not remember photo being taken any chance you could put up a copy would like to see . I only remember one trip 2 Greyhound coaches Whit Tues if memory serves, one of the drivers came from London and when he saw the itinerary that Mr Holdsworth had made up he stated that it was impossible to do it but we did it all . But it sounds as if you were in year behind me some of the lads from my yr might ring bells

Stan Hobson, Brian Fox ,Micheal Rose,John Turner, Eric Kirby,John Sykes

Thanks CornishRose. Yes I do remember Michael Morley. I believe Mick had a poorly leg. What I do remember about Mick was that he was very good at Maths. See if he can remember any of these names? Dennis Butler, Robert Barwell, Peter Rigby, Billy Raines, Peter Digby, Joan Grayson, June Lindley, Pauline Linley, Margaret Wheelhouse, Joan Durham. Ask him if he can remember Mr Taylor and Miss Smith; 2 great teachers. We all seemed to lose touch when we went to different schools after Pyebank.

Was there a pawn shop at the top of Spital St?

Hello Stuzo.greetings from Canada.I have only recently found this site and spending a lot of time enjoying reading all thesepostsFunnily enough CornishRose is my cousin.My mom was the oldest of the Morley kids.She died in 2005 at age 88.Edith was her name.There was a pawn shop at the top of the old hill on the corner.past the pawnshop you turned left toward the bullrocks and right towards Marcus street.first left was Oborne Street where i was born and lived there till 1951

There was a Pat Russell on bramber st she lived a couple of doors below bramber place, but this Pat would be around my age 75is her gran lived 2 doors below them, called Morris.

Sheila Russell was my best friend on Oborne Street.She had an older sister Maureen.Last time I saw her was in 1961.My husband and I emigrated to Canada in 1967.and even though we have been back several times we lost touch.Anyone know where she is now?

I lived on Oborne street.went to pye bank and then Owler Lane.Weleft Oborne St in1951 or 52 and moved to Adrian Crescent (southey area)

Hi,

Wasn't there a Roy Bramall lived on Oborne Street about the time you were there? Seem to think he had a younger brother but can't remember his first name.

Regards

My grandad and uncles lived at 27 Bramber street.Donald Morley is my uncle.He is still in Sheffield in the Southey Green area.I have been in Canada since 1967 but still have lots of family in Sheffield.I actually was talking to Don on skipe a couple of days ago.

Hallo Mollieoneal, welcome to the Bramber st/ Brunswick rd Forum nice to hear from old friends & neighbours, although i don't know you? i do know most of your family, DON & ALBERT was my friends back in the 40s & 50s. Don got intouch just a couple of days ago he's struggling to master this contraption.I use't to have sunday tea at your grandads (potato cakes) made by your uncle Arthur (delicious).By for now keep posting.

Hello Harmston I am still trying to master this thing so when you mention scanning I have not got a clue what you mean.I shall have to get my Grandson to educate me some more.The photo was taken by the STAR I think but I could be wrong.I also have a photo of all the group outside the DOME OF DISCOVERY BEST WISHES.