Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Hallo cornish rose I was a good pal to don & albert roughly the same age albert died around 10 yre's ago i think don is stil with us he live's on souther green rd i met him just a couple of yre'sa ago.i dident know many of the girls excepe for Hetti? i did know most of the boys--jack--arthur --alan--mick, mick had a disability.

Hallo cornish rose I was a good pal to don & albert roughly the same age albert died around 10 yre's ago i think don is stil with us he live's on souther green rd i met him just a couple of yre'sa ago.i dident know many of the girls excepe for Hetti? i did know most of the boys--jack--arthur --alan--mick, mick had a disability.

Hello Warday. Hettie was my mother. Mick lives not far from Don. He fell down in the "entry" I think, when he was very young, and his leg got grazed and became infected; he's still disabled. Jack died a year or two ago, and Alan nearly 4 years. Arthur lives in Sheffield still.

Hello CornishRose. I used to have tea on a sunday at your grandparants house Arthur would make potato cakes there were deliciouse he was a very good cook, nice to know he's still with us. I may be wrong but was your mum the youngish I never new the other girls, at that time only the boys was still at home I assume there were married. Im also going to assume! going by your user name that you are a female ? forgive me if I'm wroung.

Hello CornishRose. I used to have tea on a sunday at your grandparants house Arthur would make potato cakes there were deliciouse he was a very good cook, nice to know he's still with us. I may be wrong but was your mum the youngish I never new the other girls, at that time only the boys was still at home I assume there were married. Im also going to assume! going by your user name that you are a female ? forgive me if I'm wroung.

Hello Warday. No, my mum was the middle girl. Grace was the youngest, very fair and pretty, but she died aged 40, in 1966. My mother used to make the potato cakes as well. Their mother was an excellent cook. Don can cook as well, and still makes potato cakes !! Yes, I am female. I'll tell Don and Mick we've been "speaking", and Arth as well.

Hello Warday. No, my mum was the middle girl. Grace was the youngest, very fair and pretty, but she died aged 40, in 1966. My mother used to make the potato cakes as well. Their mother was an excellent cook. Don can cook as well, and still makes potato cakes !! Yes, I am female. I'll tell Don and Mick we've been "speaking", and Arth as well.

Next time you speak to Don ask him if he still remembers the Barnetts,Phillips and Dempsey families? Plus the brick wars.

Next time you speak to Don ask him if he still remembers the Barnetts,Phillips and Dempsey families? Plus the brick wars.

Hello Kidorry - I just 'phoned Don to tell him about this forum/thread. He has a computer and is going to try to come on. - Just 'phoned him again to ask him the above, and he remembers all of you very well. Says you used to play football at the bottom of Champs Hill opposite Stanleys..?

hi thank you stuzo do you know where i can get photos of bramber street thank you again

Hello Bibby. My uncle Don Morley remembers the Hancocks...they lived on the top half of Bramber St above Brunswick Road. So the photo on Picture Sheffield might be useful, even though it only really shows the school at the top.

hi thank you very much cornishrose if you ever come across a pictures of bramber street my mum would appreciate it so much thankyou again.

ive just rang my mum she said her sister was called kathleen hancock but sadly she got run over on spitall hill.

Edited by bibby1

Hello Kidorry - I just 'phoned Don to tell him about this forum/thread. He has a computer and is going to try to come on. - Just 'phoned him again to ask him the above, and he remembers all of you very well. Says you used to play football at the bottom of Champs Hill opposite Stanleys..?

Thats true.It was great on Sundays when the men turned out of the Stanley street club and joined in sometimes.Falling all over the place.