Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Hello Cornish Rose

I read in the Pyebank thread that you tragically lost a little brother aged 8. Was that in a motorcycle and sidecar accident. I can remember a little boy dying in the accident and know that he lived near Langleys fruit shop. I can remember as a little boy everyone in the neighbourhood being shocked and made very sad by it

Hello Cornish Rose

I read in the Pyebank thread that you tragically lost a little brother aged 8. Was that in a motorcycle and sidecar accident. I can remember a little boy dying in the accident and know that he lived near Langleys fruit shop. I can remember as a little boy everyone in the neighbourhood being shocked and made very sad by it

Hello Stuzo. Yes, you are right. We were going on holiday to relatives in Newcastle, I was in the back of the sidecar, Tony was in the front. He fell out, whilst we were travelling, at a place called Pity Me, Durham. He had severe head injuries. I remember it well. We lived in the yard behind Langley's shop. I still have letters etc sent by Pye Bank school teachers at the time, and the news cuttings. My son is named after Him. Fancy you remembering.

Remember Don Morley from Bramber St.Also the Wellbornes,Whittackers,Marshalls,Whites all lived at the Bull Rocks end of Brunswick Rd.Can anyone remember a little old lady that lived in the second or third house up on the right from the Bull Rocks.She always wore black clothes as if she was in mourning.Little lace up boots and a little hat even in the house.We would call every time we went to the chip shop & she would always ask us to bring her a fish.Her name was Mrs. Cooper.

Edited by madmorle

Hallo again I sent you a message, in regards to Iris & margaret. ON PITSMOOR IN THE 40s & 50s. on this post its bramber st & brunswick rd, i was called up & went in the army from bramber st in 54 to 57,the slum clearence had been & gone by the time i got out. BUT I do remenber the names you mention (Russall) PAT, her friend, Sheila spivie,LES fleming,DON & Albert morley albert died about 12 yrs ago don still with us, he's a couple of yrs older then me Im 75, by the way Im frank ward,two sisters & two brothers joyce-Iris-george & james just me & george still here. a few more names for you,John alsopp- gerald saxton- henry curtis- david kerrigan,and many more. Im also on fachbook.take care.

i am mad morley please reply frank .how is your george ?

is he still at blankney fen /?