Bramber Street/Brunswick Road

SAMLAD

Hi Bibb1

At the top of this page, left hand side you will see "Search Forums"

Click on this and in your search enter Pyebank School, Pitsmoor and enter search at the bottom of the page

When this comes up click on page 21 at the top right hand of the page

Look at Redfyre's entries and you will find a list of pupils Boys & Girls

See how you go

my mums asked me to ask you all can you remember the sharrowbangs that used come and pick us kids and parents up for a day out at cleethorpes the used to pick us up on bramber street

That's what my mum used to call them, charabanc is the word (French I think); she actually went to Cleethorpes in one that had an open top, this would be around 1925-30.

I was 70 earlier this month and I am trying to remember the streets. As it was then if I carried on up Spital St passing Langleys on the left to the top, the road turned sharply to the right where I believe there was a pawn shop. Did the road then become Neville St.

I knew a girl who went to Pyebank who lived on the left hand side of Spital St above Langleys called Joan Grayson, she had a friend called June (Lindley). They both went to Hurlfield Grammar. Did Verdon St join Spital St from the right I seem to remember a lad called Johny Greasby

hi thankyou for that ive had a look but my mums names not on it her friend maureen foster is so could be they have the name wrong but thankyou again

HI Bibby l lived off Petre st in the early 40ties and did a bit of courting with a lass who lived about 30yds above the chippy at the bottom of Bramber st but l can't recall her name she will be in her 80ties if she's around, thought you may place her. l was''friendly'' with another lass who lived in the bott' house in the yard that was off a gennel that ran down from Verdon st to Macro st if you know where l mean. Cheers Arthur.

Edited by Arfer Mo
another memmory