Are you a blood donor - or not?? Reasons why...

Do you give Blood - if not, why not??  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Blood - if not, why not??

• Yes, I am a Blood Donor
    • Used to give blood - now I don't want to (no particular reason!!)
    • Tried to - Iron levels too low
    • Tried to - Bad Experience!!! (Bruising/Fainting etc)
    • Don't like needles!!
    • Don't like Blood!!
    • "High Risk" Lifestyle
    • Medical History
    • Location of session
    • Timing of session
    • Thought about it but not tried to
    • Not though about it
    • Don't think I can (but not checked!!)
    • Foreign travel
    • Tattoos/Piercings in last 12 months
    • Don't know where to find info
    • Other!!!

Again this has already been explained to you. Why you wish to keep dragging it out it beyond me. Go read back up the thread where I posted the answer.

Lol, I didn't ask you a question. You jumped in with what appears to be a persecution complex by proxy.

The only person dragging this out and with a complex is you. You got the thread about the landrover closed off when it didn't go your way and you are doing the same here.

If you don't like it when people dare to have a different opinion to you, then suck it up and learn that you are not always right. Your comments about people being self centred were crass, deeply insulting and not what I'd expect from anyone.

Your attempts to further perpetuate this argument are beyond description. Now I don;t intend to answer you further, and would suggest that others do so as well as it appears to me you just want this thread to degenerate into another slanging match so you can complain and get it closed off.

The only person dragging this out and with a complex is you. You got the thread about the landrover closed off when it didn't go your way and you are doing the same here.

If you don't like it when people dare to have a different opinion to you, then suck it up and learn that you are not always right. Your comments about people being self centred were crass, deeply insulting and not what I'd expect from anyone.

Your attempts to further perpetuate this argument are beyond description. Now I don;t intend to answer you further, and would suggest that others do so as well as it appears to me you just want this thread to degenerate into another slanging match so you can complain and get it closed off.

Wow, irony alert.

An important point is that the most common blood type O- is the most in demand as that's the universal donor type.

Mind you all blood groups are in demand, and there is always a need for donors so please, if you can donate go along to a session. All you will be offered is tea and biscuits afterwards mind.

Oh and the knowledge that you do something amazing. That too :D

O+ is the most common, which takes in both me and my sister, with 38% of the population. Universal donors are O- and that is only 8% of the Caucasian population, which is why they like to keep their universal donors donating when they find someone who copes with it well.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't thought of looking that far into the future. If you could let us know how long you have to wait, that'd be helpful. Obviously wouldn't be a big deal if it's just a short time. Cheers :thumbsup:

Will do, I'll be popping down Thursday afternoon so I'll jump back on here and report.

Does anyone know if the ban on gay men giving blood has been lifted? It's something that I would like to do, but for the above reasons I haven't been able to

According to Wiki it's now not a blanket ban, it's a year since last having sex with a man, so you can give blood if you want to be celibate now.

Does anyone know if the ban on gay men giving blood has been lifted? It's something that I would like to do, but for the above reasons I haven't been able to

Yes, it's now a deferral of 1 year after having sex with another man.... :)