Good Pub in S6 with real ale and a Pool table?

Rich

yeah whats happened with the Crown and Glove? Not been up for a week and they had all but run out of beer a week ago......

The Crown and Glove (aka Top 'Ouse) went downhill about 5 years ago IMO when it changed hands, Mick and Cath who had it originally were great, popular with the punters, were on first name terms with most of the regulars, us included, great, then the Brewery hiked the rent to a level that they couldn't afford, so they left, and the Brewery got a complete numpty Landlord in who straight away made the quiz a LOT harder, and virtually doubled the price of the beer! So we stopped going, and we go in the much better Robin Hood nowadays.

:|i think the hillsborough hotel nice real Ale and good food. needs modernising

Topic.

Dad and I want to go out tonight for a game of Pool, we usually go to the Sportsman in Stannington, but lately that Pub has become full of idiots, so we want a nice, quiet Pub, which sells local real ale and has a Pool table in the S6 area.. It also has to NOT be full of drunken idiots.

Anyone know anywhere?

• 2 years later...
Try the White Hart in Netherthorpe, not sure about Real Ales (I think so?) but definitely a pool table. And quiet.

HTH :)

Hmm, I live 2 minutes from there but have never been in.

Damn! I wonder if the Peacock still has a Sunday night quiz?

Might be worth a look on Google..

The Peacock does Still have a Sunday night quiz.

You could also give the Rose and Crown a try, they have a pool table and memory tells me they do have a couple of lines devoted to real ale.

Paul.

The Peacock does Still have a Sunday night quiz.

You could also give the Rose and Crown a try, they have a pool table and memory tells me they do have a couple of lines devoted to real ale.

Paul.

We've been attending the sunday night quiz in the Peacock for a while now, never won though, the most we've ever got is 11 out of 20, d'oh! It's the questions about 60s music I always get wrong, I'm only 35!

Oh and yeah there is a Pool table in Minnie's (Rose and Crown), I forgot about that!

We've been attending the sunday night quiz in the Peacock for a while now, never won though, the most we've ever got is 11 out of 20, d'oh! It's the questions about 60s music I always get wrong, I'm only 35!

Oh and yeah there is a Pool table in Minnie's (Rose and Crown), I forgot about that!

I dare say I've seen you in the peacock at some point although I haven't been in for a few months.

Archived