Nice place to eat Friday night

hollydolly

Any one reccomend a nice place to eat on a friday night, not too pricey and just serves English food? Thought of Damons but heard mixed reveiws?

Depends what area you are looking for, We often go to the Wheatsheaf at Parkhead, Ecclesall Road South, it is a toby Cavery at £5 per head before 7.00pm and not much more after 7.00pm, Drinks are really good value and the cavery is great they even have a vegitarian option.

Any one reccomend a nice place to eat on a friday night, not too pricey and just serves English food? Thought of Damons but heard mixed reveiws?
Frankie and Benny not nice went once was really nice had a mushroom ravioli with cheese sauce. went second time it was not ask ask the waitress whats happened changed chef she said " No it all p repacked we just throw the bag in hot boiling water" which i could see cause i was sat next to the kitchen " and put it on a plate never been back since. American Diners apart from fries everything else p recooked. Nice diner is Yankees on Ecky road

I recommend:

The Milestone, Kelham Island

Catch/Artisan, Crosspool

Ivory, just off West Street

All these do modern English-type cuisine with an innovative twist. None of them are cheap but the food at all of them is very good indeed. I went to Rafters for the first time last week having heard rave reviews and was disappointed - it is not as good as these places.

Archived