Sat & Sun League Football 60's 70's

JayRx1

HI I am interested in any tales from your days playing in the sat and sunday football leagues...

Did anyone out there ever play football with a man called

Brian Thackery AKA 'BRUNO'

He used to play Sat, Sun League football in the late 60's and the 1970's

He played for a few teams i.e. Ball Albion, Arthur Lees, Sheffield Club and he eventually went on to manage some of them.

I believe he had a bit of a reputation on the pitch .....

I would appreciate any information about any players or matches from the above era..

• 2 weeks later...
HI I am interested in any tales from your days playing in the sat and sunday football leagues...

Did anyone out there ever play football with a man called

Brian Thackery AKA 'BRUNO'

He used to play Sat, Sun League football in the late 60's and the 1970's

He played for a few teams i.e. Ball Albion, Arthur Lees, Sheffield Club and he eventually went on to manage some of them.

I believe he had a bit of a reputation on the pitch .....

I would appreciate any information about any players or matches from the above era..

BRUNO played in the same team as me in the early 60's. It was the Arbourthorne Community Centre, who played in the Saturday Bible Class League at that time. There was no Sunday football leagues at that time. Prior to then I think he played for Heeley Boy's Club.

Many years later I saw him playing for Arbourthorne E A.

BRUNO played in the same team as me in the early 60's. It was the Arbourthorne Community Centre, who played in the Saturday Bible Class League at that time. There was no Sunday football leagues at that time. Prior to then I think he played for Heeley Boy's Club.

Many years later I saw him playing for Arbourthorne E A.

If you give me your name I will pass it on ...l..

• 12 years later...

I played in goal for Arbourthorne Community in the late 60s along with Tony Parkes before he signed for Buxton then turned pro. for Blackburn Rovers who he played for and managed through out his  career. Had many hard tussles with Hoyland Town jags, Black Bull, Arbourthorne EA & Arabs. Great days

I got my nephew a game with Arbourthorne EA  , he is a big lad and played centre forward .

I asked him how he had gone on as he had a swollen nose the day after the match .

One of the twaaaaaters hit me said our Graham ,"was it the centre half " said I . "no it was our own player " he said I had missed a sitter . he never bothered going back .