Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

• 2 weeks later...

I've become the worlds first Male to join this Weight Watchers thing! It boils down to the individual. If you think that by sticking to a daily target of say 25 points means you can eat 15 weight watchers chocolate bars and a bag of Crisps a day because your in your range, or that you can just have salad and save up 15 points a day for alchohol then your gonna fail and your gonna have eating issues. If you already know summat about nutrition, i.e good breakfast, plenty of fruit and veg, snacks in between main meals, cooking from fresh ingredients and tracking the points on these home made meals then what WW will do is empower portion control by weighting your ingredients etc. The online tracking tools and recipe builder are awesome! A key indicator of whether your doing it right is that you will probably think your eating too much still but it's often key things you cut out that make the difference. Lost 9 pounds in first week and expect another good week but it actually has a go at you on the website (and in class) if you lose more than 2lbs a week after the first 3 weeks when it traditionally piles off due to initial diet changes........

I have been at slimming world for 5 weeks and have lost 11 and a half pounds so far, find it really easy, I have never felt starving and really want to eat healthily which I am doing now cos you just replace crap with fruit or low syn snack. Give it a try, once you start to see results you wanna stick to it, great when people notice too.

Ive lost 3 stone 8 lbs with Slimming World (and have kept it off). I found it pretty easy to do and it trains you into thinking more about what you eat which has been great for me. As I am now at target, I can still go to classes for free which has helped me keep the weight off :)

Archived