Sam Sparro @ Leadmill (24/09/08)

losthighway

I went down there for about 8.30pm to find the street packed with people after a power cut in that area had halted proceedings. It started to spit with rain, it was freezing and so I thought I'll go away and head back for 9pm when Sam was due on stage. However, I went for a drink and by time I got back to the car, I really couldn't be bothered to head back down there (already seen him twice this year you see)...

So, I was just wondering if he did actually make it on stage? Because when I drove past the Leadmill at about 9.30pm it was still all in darkness and the crowd outside had gone.

Anybody went and know what happened??

Hey,

Power went out about 8.01 whilst we were driving down to the leadmill, queued for a bit but decided to hit the pub for a hard core orange juice given that it was raining. Arrived back at the leadmill about 9ish, my other half rang the stage manager and she said if the power wasn't on by 9.30 they were pulling the gig. We went back to the pub for half an hour and at 9.29 power came back on. The gig looked half empty given that it had sold out. Leadmill was handing out free drink vouchers which was nice... shame I was driving though!!

Fantastic gig, Sam Sparro rocked and the crowd - given what they had gone through to get in there - were fantastic and loving it.

Brilliant show!

I went down there for about 8.30pm to find the street packed with people after a power cut in that area had halted proceedings. It started to spit with rain, it was freezing and so I thought I'll go away and head back for 9pm when Sam was due on stage. However, I went for a drink and by time I got back to the car, I really couldn't be bothered to head back down there (already seen him twice this year you see)...

So, I was just wondering if he did actually make it on stage? Because when I drove past the Leadmill at about 9.30pm it was still all in darkness and the crowd outside had gone.

Anybody went and know what happened??

I went to this too and I was suprised how quiet it was when we got back in! I guess some people were too impatient and decided to go elsewhere! Wonder if they got their money back? LOL! It was a Great Gig! Bit Hollywood ending as we got in literally in the last minute before it was due to be called off! You should have come back and waited for confirmation it was off!

It Was annoying hearing the ignorant views of some people when we were going outside! Some were even blaming Sam Sparro for the PowerCut or the Old Lightbulbs at the Leadmill? Even though it was clearly explained by the staff what had happened! Idiots!

Archived