Crown and glove Stannington to re-open?

hobart

The Crown and Glove is supposedly to re-open on Friday. The landlady from the Sportsmen has apparently taken the pub on. :D
Oh Dear!.................if she brings some of her clientele with her ,it will have to be re-named the "Scumbags Inn"...............talk about out the frying pan and into the fire!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Jean from the Sportsman's having the Top House eh? Might nip up one night.

I wouldn't worry about the clientele though, you have to have lived in the area for donkey's years and be on first name terms with the bar staff to get in there.

Most of the idiots go in the Turnbull anyway, or Minnie's (Rose and Crown).

http://www.picturesheffield.co.uk/jpgl/s00826.jpg -The drunkards' transport awaits as closing time nears.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/155489014_1d65343e53.jpg?v=0 - A local clergyman enjoys his day off

http://www.officialgermanshepherdguide.com/German_Shepherd_Pictures/GermanShepherd3.jpg - Be afraid, be VERY afraid:hihi:

I wouldn't worry about the clientele though, you have to have lived in the area for donkey's years and be on first name terms with the bar staff to get in there.

Called in the other day!pretty good!

Called in the other day! the land lady looks like a grafter! was very impressed!...Proper dripping sandwiches free gratis on Sunday lunchtime, keep it up and keep it a scum free zone! Heard that the new Landlord at the Peacock has told the 'effers & Blinders to get on their bikes to pastures new ............the Turnbull should be raking it in!

Peacock's changed hands again? Hmm, all we need now is someone to buy the Hare and Hounds, and we have a Stannington Pub revival! Sod demolishing the H and H for more "Luxury" Flats, there's no call for that kind of thing in the Village IMO.

Peacock's changed hands again? Hmm, all we need now is someone to buy the Hare and Hounds, and we have a Stannington Pub revival! Sod demolishing the H and H for more "Luxury" Flats, there's no call for that kind of thing in the Village IMO.
Thats the problem with the Hare &Hounds though Rich! The housing market has well and truly tanked,so no new developement there! and the spivs like Enterprise and Punch who own the H&H and the Tophouse,have borrowed so much capital to buy these pubs,that they are having to charge a fortune in rent to pay their costs.Who can make pubs pay anymore? ie, Crown& Glove £1000 per week rent! Unfortunately,I think that the Hare&Hounds will just stand and fester till times change.I would sooner Pub chains go bust than banks!

The asking price for the Hare&Hounds was around £1 Million last year!................it would struggle to make half as much in todays market.

I doubt The Hare will ever reopen.

Called in the other day! the land lady looks like a grafter! was very impressed!...Proper dripping sandwiches free gratis on Sunday lunchtime, keep it up and keep it a scum free zone!

Here here. keep em out say I.

Was Cain there on Sunday lunchtime and was he muzzled? I bet he will deter a few of the lower element anyway.:hihi:

Archived