Marco @ Milanos changed hands?

AYBABTU

I've been working at Marco's for the past few years and have been discussing these posts with Marco himself. He is disappointed to see that people have this opinion of the restaurant.

It has always been the intention to provide all of our customers with an excellent level of service and a quality food experience. If people feel that they have not had a positive experience we urge them to come back and try the restaurant again. We have a large group of regulars who come back week after week so we must be doing something right.

In many ways coming top in Westside's Awards was a mixed blessing as it now puts the restaurant up on the parapet open for attack. It is certainly not Marco's opinion that we are the best, and that there are always areas for improvement. If we appear arrogant at times it is by no means intentional. To be honest, we aren't sure how this has been perceived, as everyone working at Marco@Milano's is very down to earth.

We endeavour to take onboard any comments made about customers experiences at the restaurant and take action to address them.

I have been a regular at Milanos since it opened and the food and service are always excellent. I dont understand how anyone could discribe Marco or any of his staff as arrogant it is beyond me.

Perhaps its a case of tall poppy syndrome !

Maybe it is as in most restaurants, if you are a regular a)they know you and treat you very well as they know you will return & b) you get complacent about the service & food as you expect it to be good.

What staff need to realise is that every customer is a potential "regular" and treat all customers the same, not have favorites !

I've been working at Marco's for the past few years and have been discussing these posts with Marco himself. He is disappointed to see that people have this opinion of the restaurant.

It has always been the intention to provide all of our customers with an excellent level of service and a quality food experience. If people feel that they have not had a positive experience we urge them to come back and try the restaurant again. We have a large group of regulars who come back week after week so we must be doing something right.

In many ways coming top in Westside's Awards was a mixed blessing as it now puts the restaurant up on the parapet open for attack. It is certainly not Marco's opinion that we are the best, and that there are always areas for improvement. If we appear arrogant at times it is by no means intentional. To be honest, we aren't sure how this has been perceived, as everyone working at Marco@Milano's is very down to earth.

We endeavour to take onboard any comments made about customers experiences at the restaurant and take action to address them.

Can you confirm that the regular kitchen & service team was present on Sat 27th?

We have been several times to M@M as it has consistently been one of our favourite restaurants in recent years. As I said in my opening post , my parents had just become fans and went a couple of weeks ago for their anniversary and had a great meal (not their first good meal at M@M I hasten to add).

They went again on Sat 27th with some friends (who they had told would be in for a treat) and had a poor night.

Nothing to do with arrogance , below par food and lacksadaisical service which is some ways is far worse...

Archived