I love Baan Thai, do you?

nikkinoo86

Baan thai next to waitrose on london road absolutely gorgeous!!

I've not had a bad meal there and the seafood has been of particularly good quality every time I've been, maybe I got lucky with catch days but they've been consistent for me personally.

I also like the Siam Inter Thai further up London road too although not quite as much. Would be willing to recommend both.

as anyone that is familiar with Thai cuisine as it is served in Siam itself, getting your hands on decent Thai food in Sheffield isn't all that easy. I don't especially like any of the Thai restaraunts here, and my favourite classic Thai green curry is probably from the Wild Rice takeaway on London Rd, even though they're Chinese, not Thai. Prices are good here, about the same as Indian food is in Sheffield. Usually, Thai food is - for no good reason - 20-30% more expensive than Indian food in the UK. But then Indian food is much more expensive than Thai food is in Thailand - I guess you pay extra for the perceived extra exoticism.

Archived