Highfield School for Girls . Sheffield.

kath2ivan

Hello Plain Talker and Sharrovian.

In my day the Head Teacher was Mrs. Horner. I remember Miss and Mrs. Bailey.Before the alterations there were three Classrooms and a small Hall.

Toilets outside. Following alterations the Hall became a Cloakroom plus Toilets.

58-64.

Hello Plain Talker and Sharrovian.

In my day the Head Teacher was Mrs. Horner. I remember Miss and Mrs. Bailey.Before the alterations there were three Classrooms and a small Hall.

Toilets outside. Following alterations the Hall became a Cloakroom plus Toilets.

58-64.

The "huts" no longer exist (I STR) but the school building itself is still there, doesn't look to be in too bad nick from the outside.

It's now called "The Hub" and houses an after school and youth project, run by "FURD" (Football Unites, Racism Divides") which mentors Schoolkids. I'm involved, as the Charity I work for took kids on placements, and we mentored a number of youngsters, helping them get jobs and places at University as a result.

Hello Plain Talker.

This is Ivan of Kath 2 Ivan. Sorry for the delay with the reply. My wife Kathleen is at the moment in Hospital. Something bit her foot while out for a walk with our Grandson last weekend. Her foot swelled up and turned very red in colour. Our local G.P. treated her with antibiotics to no effect. So she was then admitted to Hospital. Kathleen underwent a Hip replacement operation just about 7 months ago. So our Doctor was not taking any chances.

By the way,you are doing a fantastic job for the kids.

Incidently I attended a Knitting Course at the same School in the 90's. It was then Mount Pleasant Community Centre. I was not the only man there.

Our respects to you.

I attended Sharrow Lane school from 1942 - 1952 and remember that in the last two years, my class attended woodworking classes in part of that building, which was accessed from Sharrow Lane.

I attended Sharrow Lane school in the 30's,and also did woodworking lessons in that place. The teacher was a Scot,and his choice of weapon for punishment was a strap.Made a change from the cane!

Archived