Would you lie to get a job?

I'm going for a job interview soon and i know there will be some tough competition, i will only be in with a good chance of getting the job if i kinda lie about certain things at the interview, I have a pretty good chance of getting away with it and do feel i'm capable of doing the job in question.

I just wondered if any of you have or would ever lie on you job app or at an interview to get the job you desire?

Go for it, whats the worst that could happen. Of course its better if you dont have to.

I might lie. It would depend on what I was lying about (how likey I was to be discovered) and how much I wanted the job. I wouldn't tell any obvious lies, but if I thought perhaps having certain interests might make me a more appealing candidate I might do so. I might also lie if I thought an interviewer asked me a question they shouldn't have. I can imagine some people might play down certain things when they're applying for jobs, so it very much depends on what you're considering lying about.

Archived