Energy Performance Certificate

I can recommend DEASheffield.

My partner had an EPC carried out by her last month. Copies of qualifications were provided beforehand, she attended the appointment on time and provided the completed certificate and invoice via e-mail very qucikly.

Top notch service.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering whose responsibility it is to ensure you have an EPC if selling? Our house was on prior to October with ELR and we were never informed we needed this ( I did ask at some point last year if we needed a hip but they said no).

ELR rang on Friday to say we are breaking the law and we never replied to a letter they sent in October and that they would send us a copy. We never recieved such a letter and the copy they sent said they would be in touch in a couple of days (i guess meaning back in October if it is a copy)and since we never heard from them in October I'm guessing it is them at fault and they are covering their backs.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this with ELR as it is the second time they have claimed to have sent something and come across quite rude/blunt to us.

Also since they did not inform us do we have time to look around for a EPC ourselves rather then being bullied into using their more costly service?

ta

You can shop around for your own if you wish, as long as you have one it doesn't matter whether you or your agent arranges it. I would be questioning why it has taken them until late February to chase a letter they claim was sent in October (bearing in mind the regulations came in on 1st of October).

• 7 months later...

Hello I am an Energy Assessor and I can provide EPC's from £40 with no paper copy and £45 with paper copy, so don't pay too much for your energy assessment. If you are a landlord read the Governments booklet with all the facts follow link on here for all the information you require.

Cheers Adam

http://www.inspekto.co.uk

A Landlords Guide to EPC's

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planningandbuilding/pdf/957171.pdf

Edited by Inspekto

• 2 weeks later...
I am a Energy Assessor and we are supplying EPC's to private, direct clients and estate agents in Sheffield and across the UK. We provide an Domestic Energy Performance Certificate for £50 (fully inclusive) in the Sheffield area and Commercial Energy Ceritificates from £150

so if I can assist anyone please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pawel Sadowski

Low Carbon Energy Assessor

A&P Dynamic Design

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apt 9,Alpine House ,12 Alpine Road,Sheffield S63NH

Mobile: +44 07716744848

Tel: +44 (0) 114 2676548

E-mail: pawel@apdd.co.uk

Have you changed your name or something? I can't find you on the accredited list: https://www.hcrregister.com/searchAssessor.html