Know any good pub gardens

tori_annie

With the nice weather setting in I got to thinking about pub gardens in Sheffield...........and............couldn't think of many, I work in central Sheffield and live over the Crookes/Walkley way does anyone know any good ones around these areas, cheers.

not too many... its a pity as bar one has a very nice beer garden but shuts down when the students leave.

the nottingham house in broomhill is alright... also the cobden view in crookes. also pubs like the ball put tables outside although not much of a garden to speak of.

best bet is get a 51 out to lodge moor and sit in the three merry lads or whatever its called... beer garden with a view

Originally posted by mjlacey21

In central sheffield the Red Lion - I think that's its name - has a nice beer garden. It's just up from the train station near National Centre. It's a funny little garden, but gets the sun on a hot day.

Are you thinking of the Rutland Arms? Thats by the NCPM (and close to the Red Lion), has a really nice garden around the back.

Quite a few of the pubs in Walkley have beer gardens - nothing special but you can sit ouside in their garden at the Freedom, Florist, Palm and the pub opposite the Belle Vue - who's name escapes me at the momment despite walking past it twice a day!

Sheffield is not that great beer garden wise though...

Red Lion just off Arundel Gate towards the Showroom as a conservatory and yard which is nice. Walkabout has a decent area and is always busy in summer. The upstairs terrace outside Witherspoons is nice if its open/you can get on it/no idiots or odd people out there.

Walkley and Crookes,

The Cobden view has a small yard, you can sit outside the Ball (front and back) -although dodgy things tend to be smoked out back :suspect: . There is also the grass next to it that gets full on a nice day.

The Walkley Cottage has a really nice walled off garden. The Springvale has a decent seating area around the back and they are meant to be clearing the grassed area below and making a seating area (when Andy gets round to it). Also the Closed Shop has a decent paved area.

Archived