Know any good pub gardens

tori_annie

Originally posted by Andy78

Theadore, are you sure Bar one is closed. I'm sure we went there last easter during the holidays. It is one of the best beer gardens in sheffield. i love it!

its definately open in the evening but i'm pretty sure its closed through the day. I've been caught out by this before

Originally posted by theadore

its definately open in the evening but i'm pretty sure its closed through the day. I've been caught out by this before

That's just mean. I think they should open it to the public during holiday time.

I'll forget the 'beer garden' tag and substitute it with 'outdoor drinking areas' - ie, places where you can sit outside.

Sportsman at Crosspool. Pleasant area round the back;

The Plough on Sandygate Road. Benches on the front and in previous summers they've had superb hanging baskets;

Bell Hagg. Not the best but superb views across to

The Rivelin Hotel. Great beer garden, yes, grass and even a slide!

Holly Bush near Malin Bridge. Relatively pleasant.

Shiny Sheff - it's going to be immensely improved with new decking outside. Again, cracking views and very pleasant of an evening.

Three Merry Lads - wonderful large grassed area, great for ball games. There are kiddies' slides and climbing frames too. The views are superb.

The Fulwood Inn has a nice area with plenty of benches. It's also surprisingly quiet, to say it's off Fulwood Road.

There are others, and even some in town, but not too many. If it 's a suntrap you're after, the tiny little yard behind the Brown Bear is a winner!

Originally posted by GimmeSomePK

It may be a bit of a trek, but if anyones been to the Original Oak in Headingley, Leeds... Now THAT is a beer garden. Anything like that in Shef?

-PK-

agreed that is nice... mwish i could offer something to compete in sheffield :(

Archived