Strada, Leopold Sq

charliechalk

Isn't this fun! - like that bit in Ulysses, where Bloom suffers the windy prejudice of The Citizen who claims to speak for the nation! And all over a bit of pizza!

This being my second post, I claim - by the logic of deductive reasoning proffered hereabouts - a 100% increase in veracity and sincerity over my previous, and primary, posting. The more I post, the more my meal might escape the status of the merely propagandistic. If I have to do it again, I'm going to sell that bloody restaurant!

Not seen fit to post again in the last 18 months. I guess he's too busy redoing people's meals in the kitchen :hihi:

You tipped even though the food had to go back. You're far more generous than I would be.

I let the person I was with pay this time. They tipped. The service was really lovely. It was just my main course that was not fit for consumption. However, you are right, I probably would not have tipped if I had been paying, on this occasion.

• 6 months later...

I've been a few times. It is really not the kind of place I like. It is too large, noisey and the food is average. Fine for a large parties as they can cope with it and you know that you will always have an alright meal and service.

What do you expect going to a chain?

Its hardly McDonalds is it? :rolleyes:

But chain or not, I expect to get good food when paying out my hard earned cash. Especially the amount I paid. Don't you? :huh:

You come across as if chains are beneath you.

Please tell me... You don't use any supermarkets and clothes shop chains either?

.......Or do you?:suspect:

We went last week at 6pm before the theatre. I've eaten in Strada a few times, I know its not haute cuisine, but the food has always been fine. We again had a pleasant meal, and the service was excellent even though it was fairly busy.

And even better, we paid for half of it with £30 of Tesco vouchers. :D

Archived