Strada, Leopold Sq

charliechalk

Any update on the service at Strada, how's it looking in 2011?

I found Strada to be a tad too expensive for the "average" food they provide. Service was ok. No problems there.

I went here last night with my OH as a last minute change of plan. We weren't sure, which restaurant to try at Leopold Square. They all appeared to be the chain type of restaurants, which is what we usually try and avoid. However, we wanted Italian so opted for Strada after having looked at all the menus.

I would have to say that I agree with the above comment in that yes it was a "tad too expensive for the average food that they provide" I entirely agree with that statement after visiting last night and wouldn't personally recommend it. I'd much rather spend the same amount on an independent authentic Italian restaurant.

There was no garlic bread to choose from as a starter so we opted for some bread with cheese and we were astonished by how small the serving was when it arrived. We were very hungry. The wine wasn't too good. We ordered a chicken main course. It was simply average, nothing special. We had to order another bowl of chips because they were so tight on the portions. 1 portion is certainly not enough to share there. However, the tiramusu dessert was actually rather nice, but it didn't compensate for a lacklustre starter and main course. Staff didn't seem enthusiastic, looked like they really hated working there, maybe they do? :suspect:

Archived