Best chinese for set meals in sheffield?

mikeys_1989

That one opposite Candytown on London Road is amazing.

So is Dim Sum a bit further up.

Noodle Inn is my fave though, may have to go this Sunday actually, massive belly-busting meals, the crispy pork with egg fried rice is my fave for sure.

im not arrogant or obnoxious

i just wanted some info on set meals in chinese restaurants

not noodle bar things

v_v

didnt mean to come across like that

-_-

Only joking Mikeys!

I go to Noodle Inn most weeks the food is that good, but it's not a place you'd go for a special family meal. I'd really plump for Wong Tings (used to be Golden Dragon) and if you want something a bit more different (duck tongues) ask for the traditional Chinese menu.

Just an interesting note I'd like to make. I have always loved Chinese food but after meeting my partner who is Malaysian I no longer eat the set meals I used to (chop suey, chow mein, spare rib). She pointed out the different tastes most English have to the Malaysians. When we judge a resturant we look for different dishes on the menu to the bog standard ones and also the Chinese / English ratio eating there. Noodle Inn and Wong Ting using only have 1 or 2 tables, if any, which have no Chinese there.

So when selecting the best Chinese in Sheffield (it's been done on here many times) taste comes into it. So if your wanting a typical English persons Chinese meal some resturants are best but if you like to be more exotic (try chicken feet for example) others are the best and there is no one true best because of this.

When we eat out with her Malaysian friends everyone orders a dish and we all just tuck in and share them out. So I always order nothing so I'm trying new stuff. If I ordered I'd order something I know. Tried so many dishes now and can't belive some of the stuff you can get.

Absolutely agree snowman. Had beef tripe last time i was in wong tings and it was delicious - kind of. Can't get to grips with chicken feet though. Had them twice now and i still can't figure out wether you're meant to eat the things or suck the cartlage off them. Any chance I could borrow your missus for the night?

Archived