Best chinese for set meals in sheffield?

mikeys_1989

Absolutely agree snowman. Had beef tripe last time i was in wong tings and it was delicious - kind of. Can't get to grips with chicken feet though. Had them twice now and i still can't figure out wether you're meant to eat the things or suck the cartlage off them. Any chance I could borrow your missus for the night?

I tried Chicken feet at home 1st and with no sauce so hated them. But then had them in Tai Wu in Manchester and really liked them. All the food I've had there tastes better than any resturant in Sheff (IMO lol), but only had Dim Sum there. I eat it in Wong Ting but it's not as engoyable. The Beef Tripe is good in Wong Ting.

Oh, you bite some off the feet and mix it around in your mouth and then spit out just the bones, the rest is all eaten.

So who are you? Born here, moved here, chinese origin? Oh and m or f given the intro gag lol

I was born here. And I'm male, unless I post on the parenting section and suddenly I seem to become female. My OH is from Mauritius, but they don't really do offal. I'm just a huge fan of offal, and discovering the Chinese/ oriental love of it it's like discovering it all again. (Eating raw tripe or chitterlings with malt vinegar is ok for a while, but after 30 years of it you kind of start yearning for something a little more. And maybe you start to wonder wether it's actually a little safer COOKING it first).

And I love your description of eating chicken feet. Did you get that off the back of a listerine bottle?

Will have to try again now . . .regards

OK your male, post edited lol.

I like Offal too but it can make me runny in some resturants.

I like your "Chinese / Oriental" slash. I used the word Chinese instead of Oriental as that's how most people refer to the oriental. But agree it's a generalisation. Intrestingly again, crispy duck is very popular with the typical english but is popular with the Chinese too, but not so much with other oriental countries.

Archived